need help w/powder and wt. loading 3030

rancher350

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
10   0
Reaction score
Started loading about nine months ago had a miss load almost cost me a hand did cost a rifle. I'm trying to get the max fps out of would like input on powder and load wts. Have at the moment IMR 4320 WEB. Is calling for 30.5 to 36.5 gn of powder before o destroy another gun and I'm loading sabolt rounds 60 gr total wt. W/22 cal

My advice would be to get another caliber that doesn't require being maxed out to get the desired velocity. I've never loaded any sabots, so I stick with whatever the manufacturer suggest. Start low and work up. If sabot had cost me one rifle, I believe I'd look elsewhere?

I wouldn't feel safe squeezing the trigger on something that had already bit me once, but that's just me.

Sabolt bullit didn't cost me my rifle I had loaded with the wrong gr wrong powder couldn't find specs on a accurate number 9 so I loaded to another powders specs they actually use to sale a rd call the accelerator for a 3030 I loaded today some with IMR 4320 AT 36GR and shot good the specs was for 110 gr bullit suppose tobe 2400 fps .......and I understand about getting a cal with the desired fps and I have a 270 and 300wsm but I love my lever guns I've a Winchester mod 94 manf. In 69 and you always want to get more even out of the 270

Sabolt bullit didn't cost me my rifle I had loaded with the wrong gr wrong powder couldn't find specs on a accurate number 9 so I loaded to another powders specs they actually use to sale a rd call the accelerator for a 3030 I loaded today some with IMR 4320 AT 36GR and shot good the specs was for 110 gr bullit suppose tobe 2400 fps .......and I understand about getting a cal with the desired fps and I have a 270 and 300wsm but I love my lever guns I've a Winchester mod 94 manf. In 69 and you always want to get more even out of the 270
Man dont take this the wrong way... But WTF??? You are taking your life in your hands and anybody around you at the range.... I would never exceed max loads. Please Please dont do it. If you werent so far away I would try to mentor you on reloading , do it together range time with a chronograph, watching for sings of pressure... As Chuck said low and slow work up loads. Sorry for the semi-rant

No no I'm not taking anything the wrong way and I shoot in the back not at a range any input is better than none and I haven't exceeded the specs ,back when the gun exploded I was useing spec's just the wrong SPEC for the powder

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom