• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need advise on barrel

ditchdr

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
3   0
Reaction score
I am building my first rem 700 I got a b&c medalist stock, and new bm. Now I need to know where to get a new bull barrel. Then all that's left is scope rings base! All and any advise is appreciated this is a learning experience!
Thanks
Matt

Well money is an issue that's y I went with the b&c instead of the McM but with that being said I do know the barrel is VERY important so I will cough up what I need to. But I'm also not trying to win any comps so for instance on shilens website I would go with the cheaper of the 2 barrels.
Matt

Rock Creek or Bartlein are very good barrels. Unless you can find a smith with them in stock you may be in for a wait though.
A barrel is not something you really want to skimp on. The cost of a rebarrel (and you should true the action too) is pretty significant. You also want to make sure you go to a good rifle builder and they usually do not come cheap. You need to figure on $300-350 for the barrel and another $300-600 on the smith fees (the good ones)

A cheaper option would be picking up a Remington Varmint, Tactical, etc and dropping it in the B&C. The ADL Varmint at Dicks would be the best if you can catch it on sale again since you already have the stock and BM.

Good luck!

I have a Douglas barrel in 257 Ackley and an ER Shaw barrel in 338-06 improved and both are tack drivers. Shipping and all work my ER Shaw cost around $400. I am wanting to build a 358 Norma Mag and if I do I will use ER Shaw again.

Back
Top Bottom