Need Advice on Subsonic 9mm Ammo

Just got a couple boxes from Craig aka wwboater to test! Sounds good and less blowback. I think maybe one or 2 hit in the face out of 10 rounds, alot better than federal which hit me almost every round. The ammo is VERY ACCURATE, don't know if its the glock or HK but I was hitting dead on at 25ft, but who can't hit dead on at 25ft.... :P

I will update later tonight on how dirty it is when I clean.

Oh yeah, its round nose too compared to flat nose federal, I don't know if that had alot to do with accuracy cause federal is all over the place.

Yeah federal is very dirty to me. I spend an hour just cleaning the suppressor alone with just 50 rds down it. It also gets really hot after 30 rounds, is that normal too?

:lol:You must be new to this game. A silencer works by trapping/slowing down hot expanding gases. Hot gas+metal=hot silencer. Sure some ammo is "cleaner" than others but another byproduct of running a suppressor on a pistol or rifle is some of that hot gas blow's back into the host weapon. Running a suppressor on any gun will make it MUCH dirtier than shooting one with a suppressor.

:lol:You must be new to this game. A silencer works by trapping/slowing down hot expanding gases. Hot gas+metal=hot silencer. Sure some ammo is "cleaner" than others but another byproduct of running a suppressor on a pistol or rifle is some of that hot gas blow's back into the host weapon. Running a suppressor on any gun will make it MUCH dirtier than shooting one with a suppressor.

Yeah I noticed that everything gets pushed back into the gun, I can see smoke come out of my mag when I reload. Well I knew it could get hot, I didn't expect it to get hot that FAST. I'm still learning! So there won't be any ammo out there that won't be that dirty? Running 50 rds suppressed is like running 800 rds unsuppressed.

Yeah I noticed that everything gets pushed back into the gun, I can see smoke come out of my mag when I reload. Well I knew it could get hot, I didn't expect it to get hot that FAST. I'm still learning! So there won't be any ammo out there that won't be that dirty? Running 50 rds suppressed is like running 800 rds unsuppressed.

Nope, unless you roll your own, which can help with the amount of powder that makes it into the suppressor, but there is no way to make a suppressed pistol not get very dirty.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/3...ast_effect_pictures_____lots_of_pictures.html

You think shooting 9mm is dirty? try shooting .22lr through a .22 can on a pistol.

Why on earth would you clean the suppressor after only shooting 50 rounds through it?

Last edited:

not really no. Wait til you see it after running the can wet. The whole inside of my P9s after shooting 250 rounds wet was crazy nasty. It happens.

Nope, unless you roll your own, which can help with the amount of powder that makes it into the suppressor, but there is no way to make a suppressed pistol not get very dirty.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/3...ast_effect_pictures_____lots_of_pictures.html

You think shooting 9mm is dirty? try shooting .22lr through a .22 can on a pistol.

Why on earth would you clean the suppressor after only shooting 50 rounds through it?

First child. I'll eventually just let it go in a couple months and clean it every 2,000 or so.

not really no. Wait til you see it after running the can wet. The whole inside of my P9s after shooting 250 rounds wet was crazy nasty. It happens.

Yeah I'll do that later in December when I go to FLorida for vacation. I'll run it a couple times down there wet for first time. I don't get to shoot much outside here so I hadn't ran it wet yet.

Okay here's update for Summit ammo. It's cleaner than the federal! It only took me half the time to clean it. The ammo didn't have much blowback but I did see alot of black powder that came out when I took apart the suppressor. Federal had less but it made the suppressor and gun really dirty and alot of blowback. Sounds pretty decent too. Like I said before, it's very accurate so I would definitely get some if you come across for a good price! Craig is awesome guy so that makes it all the better!

Craig is awesome guy so that makes it all the better!

Thanks for the kind words. It was great that you could come up tonight and test the ammo out. Just wait till you put a little water in your can. Super quiet, but make sure you wear glasses.......

I will have your case of Subsonic 9 this Saturday...

Yeah I'll do that later in December when I go to FLorida for vacation. I'll run it a couple times down there wet for first time. I don't get to shoot much outside here so I hadn't ran it wet yet.

Don't quote me on this and you may already be aware but I think you have to fill out some form or something to cross state lines with a can.

Bit I could be wrong, been drinking a lot of jack tonight.

Back
Top Bottom