Need Advice on Subsonic 9mm Ammo

FOOMAN

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
I want to start stocking up on 147 grain or 158 grain 9mm ammo before my suppressors come in. From experience, what is a good brand that is quiet and clean. I know Fiocchi is good but has anyone had experience with Summit or Freedom Munitions. I have seen other posts where American Eagle is very dirty. Please let me know what to buy and where.

Summit makes subsonic? I never seen those for sale before... Craig aka Wwboater sells the 115gr.

I spoke with Craig yesterday and he had 1000rds of 147g for $250.

What!?!!??!' This is new! I spoke with him at the last Atlanta expo and he told me he only carried 115gr...

How is the ammo? Have you tried it? Compare to fiocchi?

What!?!!??!' This is new! I spoke with him at the last Atlanta expo and he told me he only carried 115gr...

I havaen't I have about 4k in 9mm 1/2 super sonic (Winchester Nato) the other sub sonic(freedommunitions) I need to actually shoot some before I buy more, I have neglected the 9mm for 45 for some time now.

Last edited:

Lets just say that sometimes Summit brings me gifts. I did not ask for the 147gr cause I did not know they would load any. But when Summit runs out of 115 gr bullets and all they can get is the 147, then that's what I get.

I am sold out of the Summit subsonic 9mm at the moment. I am trying to get more.

Also Rich has some to try out, maybe after he shoots some he can give us the run down of if he likes or dislikes this ammo.

Yeah federal is very dirty to me. I spend an hour just cleaning the suppressor alone with just 50 rds down it. It also gets really hot after 30 rounds, is that normal too?

Back
Top Bottom