• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need advice on S&W model 10 build

Paint is for fence posts. Duracoat and thier ilk is paint. Blue it or have the frame color case hardened and blue the barrel, cylinder. If you want is stunning either blue or cased, contact Dan Prince at the Firing Pin in NC. http://www.danthegunman.com/

Dan also does niter blue. The screws and hammer of this gun are niter blue which is a genuine blue, not black. Much like the blue of peacock feathers.

Here is a Win 94 that was burned up totally in a fire. He rescued it for me.

i.imgur.com_riLnw.jpg

i.imgur.com_DXRkb.jpg

i.imgur.com_5gLMO.jpg

i.imgur.com_JD74P.jpg

i.imgur.com_C6YHx.jpg

i.imgur.com_J7lEG.jpg

i.imgur.com_0xjNy.jpg

i.imgur.com_NKIrv.jpg

Last edited:
Good lawd that is an awesome looking lever gun Sharps40.

Well just how bad are the pits? Many mildly pitted guns can be draw filed, then progressively sanded to a fine finish worthy of a decent blue. A nice older S&W revolver can be worth a rescue as long as the pits don't have to be welded, unless you are a welder. Most can file them and sand to a bright 400, 800 or 1000+ finish and turn out a fine looking revolver.

A classic Smith would look good in blue, nickel or hard chrome. I really don't think S&W revolvers should be coated but it's just an opinion.

Got any pics of the pits close up with the Macro function?

Thanks. Thats GoodWife's gun. Got it from a member off the old GON tradeing forum. Wish I could find him to send pics. But in any event, I totally agree an old smith is worth the effort to slap cute. Its no Rossi or Taurus or Ruger and I wouldn't hesitate to paint one of them...but a Smith or a Colt , thats a classic design, new or old and shouldn't see paint ever.

Very awesome rifle indeed!!!! My thought on coating a revolver was just a thought. Green is my favorite color and don't know of any other way to finish metal to get that color lol.

Best way to have a green smith classic without ruining a classic is to refinish it properly and then go out and buy green glasses to look it over with. :)

Back
Top Bottom