• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need advice on S&W model 10 build

nickel or blue...preferably blue but nickel is nice too...any other choice you will regret.

I use to think the same but hard chrome is a wonderful thing. http://www.apwcogan.com/revolvers/target-shooting.html

This was a "sows ear"!

i48.tinypic.com_o8dyiq.gif

Chrome and nickel are aesthetically similar. Chrome just doesn't pop right into my head when I think of refinishing a pistol...maybe it should. That is purdy. I'd go with which ever was cheaper if I were to decide to shiny one up.

From what I have read and seen, the hard chrome finish is really durable. Thanks RamRoddoc for posting that pic.

Well I found if I Sand it with 600 grit sand tell my fingers are about to fall off I can get the pita out so I'm going to take the time to sand the **** out of it and make this beauty blue again!

Good deal. Use wet/dry paper and sand with a few drops of oil. Cuts better, paper lasts longer.

Might also start with 220 and progress to 400. 600 is really fine and really prolly not pullin out the pits but coverin em up. Bark it with some coarser grits and you'll see them in there.

They might all come out with out dishing out screw holes or loosing markings. If it looks like they won't come out and the quantity of pitting is still objectional, simply give it a very light bead blast and then blue it. It'll come up satin black if the beads are not too coarse.

Please don't use cold blue or oxpho on this classic. Have a qualified smith do a real reblue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom