Need a little help with my bike.

A primary injector would be a problem across the full rpm range, however slightly covered up on top by a functioning secondary injector(this is what I would be leaning to, given the information at hand). A bad coil would also be a problem across the board. A intake vacume leek is actually most pronounced at closed throttle.

There's a lot things it could be. Best of luck pinning it down. Be sure to keep us updated.

I'm leaning towards this being the problem...

IMG_20140917_192940_583.jpg

Or it is atleast one of the problems.

I'm going to pull the head to remove the remaining piece of the plug. Just waiting on the Honda cam chain tension tool that CAMSDADDY ordered for me to come in so that I can proceed.

Here is how she stands for now. Went ahead and did a valve shim check while I was in there. Its 1,500 miles before it needed it but it was already torn apart.

Disassembled.jpg

That is with the following removed:
- All fairings except the upper cowl
- ECM
- Fuel Tank
- Air Cleaner Housing
- Air ducting
- Throttle Bodies(were a pain to remove)
- Cylinder Head Cover

Pulled the head and replaced the plugs with new ones. I have it all assembled again but I can't figure out how to bleed all the air from the fuel system. It feeds from the fuel pump to the secondary(top) rail and then to the primary(lower) rail. I already attempted use the bango bolt on the primary rail to bleed off the air but that didn't do much of anything.

Any thoughts?

Pulled the head and replaced the plugs with new ones. I have it all assembled again but I can't figure out how to bleed all the air from the fuel system. It feeds from the fuel pump to the secondary(top) rail and then to the primary(lower) rail. I already attempted use the bango bolt on the primary rail to bleed off the air but that didn't do much of anything.

Any thoughts?

No bleeding needed, just start it up.

Back
Top Bottom