• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a job

mtn-marine

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
17   0
Reaction score
Haven't had much luck finding a job lately so I thought I'd see if anyone on here could help. I've worked in construction as a superintendent building new homes, been in the sheet metal field, done inventory control/warehouse, and worked for a mapping company. I'm also a former Marine and I've done security work for the Dept of the Army. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a Marine and combat veteran. And I could not find a decent job anywhere after my eas. Everything is minimum wage, or barely over. Not enough to support my family. It was getting pretty desperate, so I activated my GI Bill and went to school. The housing allowance pays out according to COLA, just like BAH. So I'm getting 1500 a month, and in two years I'll have a much better chance of getting a good job in the professional class. If you got the hon discharge, That's what you should do. I would suggest AMU, That's where I went and it's great, military friendly, and if you bust @$$ u can get a 4 year degree in two years. But it took a lot of discipline to get through it. And the BAH basically makes it a really good paying part time job.

If that's not available, Atlanta PD is hiring, and they will likely scoop you up quick considering your background. You just go to the academy for a few weeks, which will be a breeze after boot camp and you got a cushy and mostly boring job with good benefits and pay.

Good luck

We are looking for a new warehouse associate and Ops Manager (if you qualify) for a branch located in buckhead (near sweetwater brewery). PM me for details.

Back
Top Bottom