NE Camping/Survival group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm game, I have yet to build a BOB or anything like that. Anyone wanna PM me with some tips on what I should buy feel welcome. I have wool socks and a mean left hook so far.

from the website at Ft. Yargo, they have a walk in tent site that is 200ft from the roadway and holds two tents. it's $23 a night w/ 2 nite min on weekends. I called and spoke to a lady and told her what I wanted to do. She said that on Tues, the manager will be in and if the weekend we decided on doing it, is not full, he might accomodate a one day trip. That site has no electricity and only a water spicket, so it will be all caveman style or closest to woods camping as you can get without actually doing it. There are plent of hiking trails and of course fishing.

So, that being said, who would rather

1. Do a Ft. Yargo day for camping, grilling and survival talk and method demonstration and then go home
2. Make a day of fun, do a hike, fish, eat what you catch and make makeshift tents (with real tents as backup) and spend the night ?
3. Family ODT day at Ft. Yargo, take the family out for some fun and we just hang out and teach each other a skill ? Then, people can stay or go as the please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom