NE Camping/survival group date Sept 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

willr1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
33   0
Reaction score
After much debate on where and when, I have picked Chesatee WMA in Lumpkin County to be the place. It is free, has fresh water, camping sites and plenty of natural resources that we can use. Also, it is bow season, so anyone who has a hunting license with a WMA stamp, bring your bow as there are deer and black bear up there in case you want to go hunting.

I plan on getting up there Friday, Sept 30th early afternoon to get a spot since it is first come first serve. I plan on camping out overnight and return home Sat Oct 1st. I will bring some stuff to work on primitive skills (fire,water, food etc) and my tent with some food etc. The ranger said to be careful with food as bears are active right now and they have been getting into stuff.

I have been up there only for day excursions so this will be a first for me at that location. I would suggest all who want to go, give me your numbers so I can give you which site I have secured. Also, in case there are no sites available, I will call Vogel, Smithgall Woods and Unicoi to try and reserve and spot as a backup, but from what I was told, we should not see an issue finding a place to tent for the night.

Check out the website. If there are too many objections to Chesatee, we can do Yargo, but we will have to pay to camp there.

http://www.georgiaoutdoors.com/hunting/huntingDetails.asp?place={BC1B880A-91A8-11D5-B392-00C0F01636AA}&type=wma

ok, total of 3.

We will do a short hike for edible plants, trout fishing, snare small game (home) and work on primitive skills. Anyone who has a good knowledge or book on indeginious/edible plants please come or loan me the book ;)

The GORP is only required of you do not have valid WMA license, lifetime sportsmen's license, honorary license and 3-Day Hunting & Fishing license are exempt from the requirement to purchase a GORP. Note it does not say it but the annual sportsmen license also includes a WMA license (based on info from the DNR office). The 3 day license is $3.50 for an individual and $10.00 for a small group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom