• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NBC chemical suits

Just to let y'all know, if there were a Nuclear Explosion/Meltdown at a power plant, the athorities would evacuate an area much larger than the actual downwind hazard just as a precaution. Also, if there were anything like this to happen in the SouthEast region, my shop at Robins AFB would be responding with all of our monitoring equipment and going into the hotzone. We would also be the ones telling the local athorities the true evacuation areas. Another note - If you're close enough to feel the shockwave, you're more than likely dead, lol.

True. How long would that take though? I can't depend on the government to save me. It could be hours or days or even weeks before they get to me. When they do pick me up.... I plan to be suited up, pilled up and drunk off red wine when they finally do come get me :)

True. How long would that take though? I can't depend on the government to save me. It could be hours or days or even weeks before they get to me. When they do pick me up.... I plan to be suited up, pilled up and drunk off red wine when they finally do come get me :)

Depending on what's happening, and where, just a matter of hours before we are on scene. Also, we would be having local first responders taking care of the evacuations, so within minutes of the incident.

Local responders taking care of the scene within minutes of the blast would be helpful for about 6 hours wouldnt you say? The average cop/EMT will have no idea they are killing themselves trying to help people. I read a report from the DHS a few days ago detailing the possible causalities resulting from an improvised nuclear device (10kt) and the recommended procedures for responders was very eye opening. Either go help people in the blast zone and die, or go help people evacuate the plume zone and die slower. I would be willing to bet not a lot of local first responders would be around much longer than a few days, luckily by that time DHS and FEMA should be setting up command and control posts to take over (in a best case scenario). I take it thats where you come in, Renegade.

I am with Soviet on this one. A 10kt blast in downtown Atlanta is not going to reach me directly but you bet your ass I'm donning my pro-mask ASAP and getting as far away as possible as quickly as possible. Particulate exposure is my main concern, if I am in the plume or the blast zone theres really not much anyone can do, a chem suit and a gas mask is going to almost nothing to protect you from gamma radiation. Better safe than sorry I say, move quick and fast and in a hurry.

Local responders taking care of the scene within minutes of the blast would be helpful for about 6 hours wouldnt you say? The average cop/EMT will have no idea they are killing themselves trying to help people. I read a report from the DHS a few days ago detailing the possible causalities resulting from an improvised nuclear device (10kt) and the recommended procedures for responders was very eye opening. Either go help people in the blast zone and die, or go help people evacuate the plume zone and die slower. I would be willing to bet not a lot of local first responders would be around much longer than a few days, luckily by that time DHS and FEMA should be setting up command and control posts to take over (in a best case scenario). I take it thats where you come in, Renegade.

I am with Soviet on this one. A 10kt blast in downtown Atlanta is not going to reach me directly but you bet your ass I'm donning my pro-mask ASAP and getting as far away as possible as quickly as possible. Particulate exposure is my main concern, if I am in the plume or the blast zone theres really not much anyone can do, a chem suit and a gas mask is going to almost nothing to protect you from gamma radiation. Better safe than sorry I say, move quick and fast and in a hurry.

This. For me it all depends on which way the wind is blowing. Im far enough south that if the wind is not blowing south... I should be ok. Plus clayton county police would have their hands full with all the people going nuts.

Back
Top Bottom