• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Navy Seal Talks about Proper Grip

Recent video of me drawing to an 8" plate a bit inside 20 yards:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH_LHBVpss4/

Note that I disavow the position-exit footwork technique in this video. It was something that I was playing around with for a bit.

I took a class from JJ Racaza last weekend, Ben Stoeger in October, and spent a couple days training with guys who made top 16 at USPSA Nationals over the summer. None of them draw anything like the dude in the video. I think that I'll continue modeling my shooting and teaching on Ben & JJ and ignore him.

There's no one way to do anything. What works for you won't for others. You stated "nobody who matters in shooting does anything like this." And yet, there are people who do use some of the things he said. Just because someone you like teaches one technique doesn't mean others are not valid.

There's no one way to do anything. What works for you won't for others. You stated "nobody who matters in shooting does anything like this." And yet, there are people who do use some of the things he said. Just because someone you like teaches one technique doesn't mean others are not valid.
I prefer drunken monkey pistol style.

Back
Top Bottom