• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My thanks for tomorrow!

Could be worse. My family took off to North Carolina this morning and left me here to replace the hot water heater. I am on call for work so can't get more than an hour from the Atlanta area. Sad part is, all of my customers are home for the holidays so the chances of me getting a call are slim to none. Of course, if I left, sure enough someone would call at 6am on Friday morning. So instead of spending thanksgiving with my family, I am smoking a turkey all for me (starting it at 10pm, and am sitting here with a large supply of beer. It's going to be a good weekend. ;)

If the water is already hot, why do you have to heat it? :screwy:

Could be worse. My family took off to North Carolina this morning and left me here to replace the hot water heater. I am on call for work so can't get more than an hour from the Atlanta area. Sad part is, all of my customers are home for the holidays so the chances of me getting a call are slim to none. Of course, if I left, sure enough someone would call at 6am on Friday morning. So instead of spending thanksgiving with my family, I am smoking a turkey all for me (starting it at 10pm, and am sitting here with a large supply of beer. It's going to be a good weekend. ;)

I got 2 days of 300+ mile driving each day in all that craziness to do.
Plus gotta ask folks why they cant pay their mortgage "on a holiday"

on the plus side it is better than when I do it on christmas day.

I got 2 days of 300+ mile driving each day in all that craziness to do.
Plus gotta ask folks why they cant pay their mortgage "on a holiday"

on the plus side it is better than when I do it on christmas day.

Take the days off and give yourself and the folks you would be visiting a good holiday

Greatest of Thanksgivings to all, and a safe holiday to those who will be traveling. I am extremely thankful for an Almighty God who blesses I and my family year after year, and pray his blessings for all of you and yours!

Our country has flaws, but is still the best the world has ever seen. I had a young man working for me a couple of years ago that was complaining about his situation and the life and family he had been born into. I listened politely and even sympathized with him some. Then I pointed out that because he was born an American citizen he had already won the lottery of life. Now it was up to him to do something good with it. I have lost touch with him, but the last I heard he was doing OK.

Don't ever lose perspective!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO MY ODT FAMILY!!!!

Back
Top Bottom