• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My shtf med. bag

Like I said I don't want to come off like a jerk, but feel free to PM me If you would like to discuss your set up further if you dont want it done publicly. But assuming you are properly trained there are a few things I would add that I can't see in the pics.

Granny from the clampits trained me :)

and I find it lewd to be questioned on knowledge when I am posting
pics of my med bag.
Now if I was offering training or advice then your question would be relevant.
Or do you believe in Quantum Entanglement and its possible relevance between you ,I ,and this post?

Don't be so sensitive. Its a legit question when you're posting all the high speed stuff you're planning on taking into the apocalypse. Having the bag and med supplies is just one part of the equation. Without the training, you're liable to do more harm than good.

It's a great piece of kit there and lots of good stuff in it. Now, if you don't mind me asking...do you have the training to go along with the gear? It's not an attack. Or insult, just an honest question.

yours is better than mine...

i just got duct tape and a bottle of mr. bostons in a publix plastic bag... The duct tape keep the fluids and guts in so I can drink myself into a coma and die in my sleep

yours is better than mine...

i just got duct tape and a bottle of mr. bostons in a publix plastic bag... The duct tape keep the fluids and guts in so I can drink myself into a coma and die in my sleep

Can't I just put you down humanely with a .22 behind the ear and keep booze for other medicinal purposes?

I would rather have expired meds than none at all,he showed what he had prepared for his group and we just nit pick it.it is a better kit than 99% of the rest of us have.

I would rather have expired meds than none at all,he showed what he had prepared for his group and we just nit pick it.it is a better kit than 99% of the rest of us have.

No one was nitpicking that I saw. I don't see why asking what kind of training he has to use that stuff is such a controversial thing. You know what they say about owning a guitar, right?

I'm a medic in the National Guard with a tour in Iraq under my belt and a certified Army instructor for medics, combat life savers, EMT, etc. There are several other medical types on this board...EMTs, paramedics, first responders, probably some nurses, other military medics, etc. Instead of getting defensive, if one has the tools but not the training, there are lot of resources here to, at the very least, get some basic understanding of how to use all that stuff. Is that not why we're all here? To help each other out with our experience and expertise in particular areas? And to seek out information and help in our less proficient areas?

As for the expired meds, for the most part you're correct. The worst that happens with a lot of stuff is just a loss of effectiveness. Some stuff, like some antibiotics, can actually become poisonous after a while. With other stuff, use common sense instead of the expiration date...is the IV tubing cracked, dried out, discolored? Are there crystals floating in the fluid? Then it doesn't matter what the expiration date says.

Back
Top Bottom