My quest for perfection....The American Burger...Yes American!!!!!!!!!

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
I had several invitations to celebrate our Independence day, of which I am thankful for, with friends I care greatly about..But with current personal situations I have had to decline..I decided to make just a burger, as I can't eat much anyways. Torn Torn had brought me some home grown veggies, of which included one mighty fine ripe tomato and some Butter lettuce with squash to boot..Well I had already picked up some 1/3 lb ground brisket and bacon burgers. I also had some Brioche Bunns. So I took the Bunns and buttered them and did a quick press on the burner..I sliced up a vidalia onion and that tomato..I proceeded to cook up thick maple sugar, smoked bacon. I don't like to over season the burger so, on goes the course pepper and sea salt on one side and press...I used some olive oil lightly and pressed down for the sear, on both sides and topped with American cheese. Now it was time to assemble..Brioche bunn first add catsup, then burger, add tomato, Onion, 4 slices of thick bacon, Butter lettuce, and the spices dark mustard.. It turned out to be a monster of which I am still trying to recover from.... Damn good and plenty left, I hope all of you had a wonderful Independence day!
Burger in the beginning.jpg

Burger bacon.jpg

burger assembled.jpg

burger first bite.jpg

This took awhile but boy or boy it was worth it...God Bless

Hey brother, I haven't forgotten about you. Hopefully I can get up that way soon and get this grill to you. I've been out of town for the past month or so.

I’m gonna be the odd one out and ask how you cooked it. Growing up, it was always with an iron skillet. With everything being non-stick these days, the outcome wasn’t the same.
I grill and press mine on steel but, curious as to what you’re. Outside of the onion, that sounds so enticing.

Back
Top Bottom