• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My Personal 777 Theory.

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I think it was very likely a flight crew screwup.

Third world pilots are often freaking idiots. Sorry to seem like a racist asshole, but I think (by our standards) that most of them simply are freaking 'tards. (In some Asian countries they actually send people to flight school who have never seen a motorized vehicle before they get a ride to the airport to come to learn and fly an airplane. The flight school I used to work at had Chinese guys who had no idea what a toilet was-they kept clogging the things up by trying to flush trash down... And they were crapping in the trash can. Some of those guys have an extremely low education level-especially in parts of Asia. They may try hard, but the road from learning how to not crap in a trash can to operating a complex modern aircraft is a long one-and as long as their company keeps paying the bills, they keep "passing" their training.)

Something probably happened with the electrical system. Probably lead to a pressurization issue-and they completely cocked up the checklist. It can be done. And if anyone is retarded enough to do it-that person would be just the kind of persons who occupied that cockpit.

If the plane were spirited off to some secret location to try and use as a terror weapon, they would have used it a day or two after it went missing-at the very most.

Nope. That sucker is probably at the bottom of the ocean. And likely the result of having stupid people (or at least people trained to very low standards) at the controls. I know that of which I speak. I have seen what 3rd world countries calls "pilots" in action. It ain't pretty. In this country, we tend to assume that we are entering a cocoon of safety and security when we board an air transport kind of plane. In the 3rd world (especially in Asia,) some of those planes are flown by guys who could cock up operating a wheelbarrow. I think one (or two) of those guys is responsible for this tragedy.

Just spitballing. But I think time will prove that this spitball hits close to the mark.

Last edited:
I have several theories...

Theory 1 ...terrorist hijacking,,,plane is somewhere safe and sound in Africa. Everyone but me seems to have backed off the 2 Iranians with stolen passports.
Theory 2... Okay...maybe it did get turned around and ended up down by Antarctica somewhere where nobody will likely ever find it.
Theory 3...It's wedged in a snow bank in the Himalayas and the survivors are eating each other ( sequel to "Alive")
Theory 4...They crashed on an island that moves, can't be found, exists on no map and is inhabited by giant man eating polar bears and has a secret underground bunker where someone has to enter the winning lotto numbers every few hours or the island will blow up.

I have several theories...

Theory 1 ...terrorist hijacking,,,plane is somewhere safe and sound in Africa. Everyone but me seems to have backed off the 2 Iranians with stolen passports.
Theory 2... Okay...maybe it did get turned around and ended up down by Antarctica somewhere where nobody will likely ever find it.
Theory 3...It's wedged in a snow bank in the Himalayas and the survivors are eating each other ( sequel to "Alive")
Theory 4...They crashed on an island that moves, can't be found, exists on no map and is inhabited by giant man eating polar bears and has a secret underground bunker where someone has to enter the winning lotto numbers every few hours or the island will blow up.

I vote #4. The writers were actually "borrowing" from actual events, as viewed through a wormhole to the future... Dang it, I'm out of tin foil again.

Even if the captain began his career not knowing the difference between the crapper and a trashcan, I would think after 20+ yrs experience and 20k+ flight hours that he could recognize a problem with the flight plan. Darkness does make for a challenge in orientation but the altimeter dont lie. He was having a bad day/life and reacted in a cowardly manner.

Even if the captain began his career not knowing the difference between the crapper and a trashcan, I would think after 20+ yrs experience and 20k+ flight hours that he could recognize a problem with the flight plan. Darkness does make for a challenge in orientation but the altimeter dont lie. He was having a bad day/life and reacted in a cowardly manner.

Here is something else I saw from some 3rd world pilots (especially muslim.)

When something would go bad-and get a little uncomfortable (like just doing stall training, some would just throw up their hands and start praying.) Literally. (This is just a normal part of learning to fly. It really isn't a surprise-you are taught all about what happens and how to fix it long before you ever do it in an airplane. Certainly not a throw-the-towel-in situation.)

It is hard for me to understand why anyone would not just fight and work to salvage the situation until the last breath. That is certainly what pretty much every pilot from the western world would do. But some of those guys at our school had a "fatalistic" mindset. They would just figure it was all the "will of Allah" and give up. That is hard for us to figure out-especially for someone in such a position, but it is more common (among those 3rd world guys) than many would think.

I am leaning hard toward human error on this one. Who knows if it was just a series of mistakes-or maybe this fatalism stuff caught up with them..... But I really think this was the crew. And I don't think it was terror-related. The whole purpose of terrorism is to scare hell out of people. Without a plane, without hostages, without demands but now, that seems to be off the table.

The only good thing that could come from this would be to expose the kind of BS that some foreign airlines will put up with. Personally, I won't get on any airliner in the middle east, Africa, Asia, or South America unless it is staffed by a US or western European crew. I know what could be at the controls. More people need to know.

Last edited:
I think it was very likely a flight crew screwup.

Third world pilots are often freaking idiots. Sorry to seem like a racist asshole, but I think (by our standards) that most of them simply are freaking 'tards. (In some Asian countries they actually send people to flight school who have never seen a motorized vehicle before they get a ride to the airport to come to learn and fly an airplane. The flight school I used to work at had Chinese guys who had no idea what a toilet was-they kept clogging the things up by trying to flush trash down... And they were crapping in the trash can. Some of those guys have an extremely low education level-especially in parts of Asia. They may try hard, but the road from learning how to not crap in a trash can to operating a complex modern aircraft is a long one-and as long as their company keeps paying the bills, they keep "passing" their training.)

Something probably happened with the electrical system. Probably lead to a pressurization issue-and they completely cocked up the checklist. It can be done. And if anyone is retarded enough to do it-that person would be just the kind of persons who occupied that cockpit.

If the plane were spirited off to some secret location to try and use as a terror weapon, they would have used it a day or two after it went missing-at the very most.

Nope. That sucker is probably at the bottom of the ocean. And likely the result of having stupid people (or at least people trained to very low standards) at the controls. I know that of which I speak. I have seen what 3rd world countries calls "pilots" in action. It ain't pretty. In this country, we tend to assume that we are entering a cocoon of safety and security when we board an air transport kind of plane. In the 3rd world (especially in Asia,) some of those planes are flown by guys who could cock up operating a wheelbarrow. I think one (or two) of those guys is responsible for this tragedy.

Just spitballing. But I think time will prove that this spitball hits close to the mark.

I work for an aircraft management company. We are family owned and we are somewhat niche when it comes to what we do. We handle VVIP aircraft, basically privatized heavy and super heavy craft. We have a 767, 737, 777 (in the process of being gutted to be privatized), and some smaller fixed wings and a few helis. My father-in-law is the owner and one of the main pilots. He can fly everything we have, but usually flys the 767 and the 777 (sometimes the G550 and the Sikorsky). He has a stupid amount of hours under his belt. He learned to fly in Veitnam and has been flying ever since. I trust his opinion when it comes to anything aircraft related.

He has basically said the EXACT same thing as you. Those pilots are complete idiots in those countries (and Russia). They are scary stupid, to the point that he refuses to catch any flights home on their commercial airlines.

Back
Top Bottom