• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My most prized possession

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
With pearl harbor day coming up it had me remembering about the the people that fought and all the events that happened during that time period. I am lucky enough to have a piece of that history. Its been a while since I pulled this out of the safe. My grandfather was on the USS new york during WWII.

When I would visit him he would tell me stories and show me things out of his scrap book. Well when I was 16 he took me to pearl harbor and gave me a piece of history I will never forget.

Its a piece of a japanese zero. It did a kamikaze into the battleship he was on. During the fighting he managed to grab his pocket knife and cut a piece of the zero off and put it in his pocket. Fast forward MANY years later. He then gave me this piece of history. Its been quite a long while since it has seen outside of my safe... I thought I would share it with everybody.

Feel free to post any other items you might have that mean alot to you!

i586.photobucket.com_albums_ss308_sovietak474u_zero.jpg

That's cool as hell. My grandfather was training Marines at that point (I believe). I've got a knife from the other grandfather....it's probably cleaned 1000 deer in his lifetime, that's one of my favorite possessions.

That is a really nice piece. However, in my mind, it is not the piece of that zero that is the most prized, it is the stories, the trips and the time spent with your grandfather. Be very thankful for those stories, trips and the time in the presence of your grand father, and oh yeah the piece of that zero.

That is a really nice piece. However, in my mind, it is not the piece of that zero that is the most prized, it is the stories, the trips and the time spent with your grandfather. Be very thankful for those stories, trips and the time in the presence of your grand father, and oh yeah the piece of that zero.

Ill always remember the stories! I have them all in my memory!

My Dad's 1943 Underwood M1 Carbine he taught me how to shoot when I was 5 or 6 years old, my Grandfather's old, and I'm talking OLD bone handled Barlow pocket knife and a Boker Tree Brand pocket knife, and my Dad's Buck pocket knife. My youngest Son gave me his Air Force field jacket and his good conduct medal along with 3 Iraqi Freedom service coins, & 1 Korea service coin. I have been very fortunate to have been given many other things from Grandads, my Dad, & both my Sons that I would NEVER even think of parting with. Too many items to list here. The best of all though are the good times spent with my Dad, Sons, & Grandfather.

My most prized possessions, two S&W revolvers that belonged to my dad. One is a .32 six shot, pearl handle, nickel plated revolver, circa 1949. The other is a Model 49 bodyguard, pearl handle, nickel plated, .38 I can still see my dad shooting these weapons. He passed, 30 years ago last month. Those weapons will never be sold.

Back
Top Bottom