131   0
Reaction score
IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0664.JPG
IMG_0665.JPG
IMG_0667.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG

I recently moved my grandmother from Paducah Kentucky down here to the town I live in and in the process, a few guns came home with me too.
My great grandfather was an army Dr. in WWI and this is a gun that he brought home with him. It ended up at my grandmothers house where it has sat undisturbed for at least the last 35-40 years. I have shared pictures with one odt member who is into Mausers and he shared some info with me, but I thought that I would share and welcome any and all info that you guys can share. The gun is, in my opinion in fantastic condition for its age (~100 years old, any info on finding exact age would be great. Based on the reading I have done and the giant "1916" stamp I'm guessing it was made then...). I do plan to shoot it at least once for the experience and connection to history. Every serial number on the gun matches and the leather sling is present. I intend to keep it and pass it down to one of my kids one day, I have 7 kids so I will just have to pick my favorite. I actually think it will go to the kid who expresses the most interest in history, particularly in WWI, or if one of my kids goes into medicine like their great great grandfather, William Edgar McGaha.

Back
Top Bottom