• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first AR Pistol build

*****Update****

The rear takedown pin was extremely tight going into the PSA lower that I picked up from CGP. Since I had an Anderson upper just laying around I figured I could just easily swap the two.(Mistake #1) I removed the rail, gas block, and muzzle device, then clamped her into a vise block. I move the retaining nut down to add support then tried to loosen the barrel nut.(Mistake #2?) I broke that BITCH!!(definitely mistake #3).

I contacted Karris, giving them there pics, asking for another barrel nut. I didn't ask for a free one, just didn't go out of my way to offer to pay for it. Ill keep you guys posted on the response. Any advice on get this thing off?
block.jpg
Broken Barrel nut.jpg
tools.jpg

Well, I did get the barrel nut off, and move it over to the other upper.......but now the nut is too bulged to accept the rail.

Well that was a waste of money, lol. I hate Mondays.

What part of your wrench did you use on the barrel nut?

Looking at how it broke I'm guessing you used the 3 prong part.

That's the forearm wrench. Which doesn't apply equal pressure. There should be a actual barrel but wrench on there.

May not have been able to use the barrel nut wrench on that particular barrel nut though.

got you, wrong tool for the wrong job.

needed this?

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited:
Lesson learned, you get what you pay for. They want $50 for another barrel nut, which will be no better than the one I have. I'm not sure that I want to pay for this piece. I'm honestly considering sell this pistol at a loss, do to the ill taste I have right now.

Not sure if you want a complete pistol... but I got an upper from these guys at the first of the year and it's ran perfectly on my PSA pistol lower. They just changed their pricing structure... $530 for a complete pistol. Available 7.5" or 10.5". Can even get the Sig Brace at a discounted price if you want one.

http://www.radicalfirearms.com/product-p/rfpistol.v2.10.5_556fgs.htm

Lesson learned, you get what you pay for. They want $50 for another barrel nut, which will be no better than the one I have. I'm not sure that I want to pay for this piece. I'm honestly considering sell this pistol at a loss, do to the ill taste I have right now.
I bet if you look around you can find that nut for cheaper.

And yeah, That's what ya needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom