My efforts to make a difference: Ban Home Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, just shows how different things can be from person to person. I had the best experience ever at Home Depot yesterday. Friendly service and got the mower I wanted at $400 cheaper than I expected to pay.

Wow, just shows how different things can be from person to person. I had the best experience ever at Home Depot yesterday. Friendly service and got the mower I wanted at $400 cheaper than I expected to pay.

I honestly think it could just be the Newnan store. I have had problems w/ customer service there before, slow or unwilling to help, but nothing to the extent of today. Since we have a Lowes across the street from the Home Depot, I will just start shopping there instead of having to drive to another Home Depot.

I tell you. First off. Seems no one likes store policies until it causes an inconvenience for you. I know you said realize and said that it was an associate thing, and not the store.

I personally and professionally spend 10's if not 100's of thousands at Home Depot. They are a very strong client of mine, and I return the gratitude.

Their business model in general is to please customers, but like any retail business that employs humans (whom have bad days) face the reality that they must have hourly employees as the face of their business.

I've been to dozens of strip clubs and treated badly. I think I've been called a liar while trying to return a saw.

Seems this thread was written in the peak of anger and that's never quite smart or productive.

My guess is, if you were to go back, talk to a manager, you could probably work something out. Unless he or she are on ODT and see you wanted 15,000 to ban them. That might not go over well.

Would you call them a liar? Refuse to have a manager speak w/ them? This is the concept that many of you fail to grasp. I am not mad about the saw. I am mad about being treated like **** at a place of business that I have spent $1000s over the years. If this is they way that y'all will be treated w/o complaining then more power to you. I have very little in this life, but I have my word. I do not lie, cheat, or steal. I don't expected to be treated as one that does!! And, they refused to send it back (w/ me paying for it) and have it repaired. Didn't offer me the address or any instructions for sending it back. Total customer service fail!

she literally called you a liar or she went on information that was on the tool and in the computer? if you don't have anything to show your side of the story what do you expect them to do? i would never call you a liar ,neither would i believe you had just bought a three year old tool if you didn't have something showing differently...personally, i always keep receipts for things i buy until the warranty runs out unless it is something with a lifetime warranty...

I tell you. First off. Seems no one likes store policies until it causes an inconvenience for you. I know you said realize and said that it was an associate thing, and not the store.

I personally and professionally spend 10's if not 100's of thousands at Home Depot. They are a very strong client of mine, and I return the gratitude.

Their business model in general is to please customers, but like any retail business that employs humans (whom have bad days) face the reality that they must have hourly employees as the face of their business.

I've been to dozens of strip clubs and treated badly. I think I've been called a liar while trying to return a saw.

Seems this thread was written in the peak of anger and that's never quite smart or productive.

My guess is, if you were to go back, talk to a manager, you could probably work something out. Unless he or she are on ODT and see you wanted 15,000 to ban them. That might not go over well.

While I do appreciate your opinion and your are dead on that it was written in anger; what if it had been a gun store instead of Home Depot that I had a problem w/ today. Nearly everyone of you (not saying you personally) would have jumped on the band wagon, sharpened your sticks and lit your torches to burn the place to the ground. I have seen thread after thread about bad customer service in the gun industry and see the band of brothers jump on the ban wagon against said store. I have had several problems over the years w/ this same store. At the time this thread was started; corporate had been called and emailed and there was no response. The manager on duty at the store refused to see me while I was there; so going to corporate was my only recourse of action and they had been ignoring me for hours at that time. I have since been contacted via email that they are looking into my complaints of bad customer service and we will see where it goes. However, I will not tolerate being called a liar sitting down. I am glad that you have good luck w/ them and hope you have continued good luck w/ them. But, until further notice, we are still free in America to have our opinions, good or bad and my opinion is the Newnan Home Depot should be avoided.

she literally called you a liar or she went on information that was on the tool and in the computer? if you don't have anything to show your side of the story what do you expect them to do? i would never call you a liar ,neither would i believe you had just bought a three year old tool if you didn't have something showing differently...personally, i always keep receipts for things i buy until the warranty runs out unless it is something with a lifetime warranty...

She actually spoke the words: You bought this in 2009 not this year. I said no, I bought it earlier this year. No you didn't it has 2009 on the saw. To me: that is actually calling me a liar. The computer showed nothing about the saw, but showed it had been discontinued. I understand that people lie and try to cheat corporations. But, I also understand that if a customer asks to speak w/ a manager and tries different routes to settle a matter; the customer should have some leeway in the situation. I did not know when I went up there that they only keep debit/credit card purchase information for 30 days. Had I known that I would have saved my time and diesel and thrown it in the trash instead of trying to work out something w/ the store.

Look at it from their point of view. You show up with a saw that has obviously been used with no receipt or proof that you even purchased it. For all they know you stole it out of your neighbors yard. I feel for you, but Home Depot has a clear and fair return policy which by not keeping track of your receipt, you opted out of.

this

If the saw is electric, the only likely problem would be the brushes burnt up. that's a 50 cent fix! Homelite can send you some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom