My efforts to make a difference: Ban Home Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and it causes water to build up in the carb. To the OP take the little clear dome off the bottom of the carb and let the water out of the engine then try to start it again.

And on another note: The corner store sells ethanol free gas. That is what I have been buying for 4 wheeler and lawnmower. Will I have the same problems during the winter as w/ regular gas? Should I drain all the tanks or add an additive?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I'm really thinking of going to electric again. I have a bad habit of cutting the cord. BUT I will go to Lowe's or good
ole Walmart. OOps didn't know you had electric. What brand?

Homelite. I didn't want to have to pay $300+ for a gas model of something that I would use maybe once a year...

Look at it from their point of view. You show up with a saw that has obviously been used with no receipt or proof that you even purchased it. For all they know you stole it out of your neighbors yard. I feel for you, but Home Depot has a clear and fair return policy which by not keeping track of your receipt, you opted out of.

This...had a customer come in the other day with a knife they had obviously used a lot,nicks in the blade and all, a screw had fallen out of the pocket clip and they were mad that we wouldn't either exchange it, put a screw in it for them or give them their money back...it's a gerber and we told them gerber would be happy to send them a screw (we don't keep them in stock) or maybe even replace the knife...what are ya gonna do?

This...had a customer come in the other day with a knife they had obviously used a lot,nicks in the blade and all, a screw had fallen out of the pocket clip and they were mad that we wouldn't either exchange it, put a screw in it for them or give them their money back...it's a gerber and we told them gerber would be happy to send them a screw (we don't keep them in stock) or maybe even replace the knife...what are ya gonna do?

Would you call them a liar? Refuse to have a manager speak w/ them? This is the concept that many of you fail to grasp. I am not mad about the saw. I am mad about being treated like **** at a place of business that I have spent $1000s over the years. If this is they way that y'all will be treated w/o complaining then more power to you. I have very little in this life, but I have my word. I do not lie, cheat, or steal. I don't expected to be treated as one that does!! And, they refused to send it back (w/ me paying for it) and have it repaired. Didn't offer me the address or any instructions for sending it back. Total customer service fail!

1) open box
2) Homelite
3) Ethanol
4) No Reciept

You gotta be a certain age to understand, but.......Sorta like the lady driving a Pinto down the road on Firestone 521's while using a Reli tampon. An accident waiting to happen.

Lowe's now has a card that you swipe that always you to track all your purchases. Id you don't have the card on you just give them your phone number.

Always keep the reciept. Always. I have them from years ago. I keep every reciept. I have a HUGE box full of them and clipped together by months. Sorry they treated you like scum. Ill boycott home depot as they pissed me off last time I went in there anyway.

Just about everything bought from the big box stores now days tells on the paper work "if you have a problem with this (whatever) do not return it to the store, instead contact the mfg"

Also, as far as HD could tell by everything they had to go on (other than your word) the saw was sold in 09.

BUT, none of this excuses poor customer service. It's just the way it is in this day and time. Go through any drive thru and when they hand you the food, IF they say anything at all it's usually "da ya go". No longer do you get "thanks, or thanks and have a nice day" NO , you get DA YA GO. Unless you go to Chick felet. And then you get "thank you and please have a good day"

Bottom line, I would find out the store number, find out the store mangers name, you already have Connies name. Then contact corp and keep them on the phone for 20 min's telling them how you feel you were mistreated. I don't think you will get your saw fixed, but it will at least raise a red flag to that store location.

Speak clear and DO NOT cuss. My wife used to have to field all the customer complaints at the Douglasville WM and she said as soon as she was cussed at, she was allowed to hang up the phone. And don't mention an atturney either. As soon as a customer said "my lawyer" she would inform them that this call is now over and you will have to have your lawyer contact WM's legal dept.

I will bet HD's corp folks won't like hearing how you were treated. But information is power, so get all the info and make the call.
Oh, and spend your hard earned money elswhere.
Good luck to ya

I want to hear Connie's side of the story before I condem her or her service....however......

You bought it in APRIL, why would you take it back to the store? It aint their fault it quit running. You need to talk with either the manufacturer or a small engine repair guy. It wasnt the sellers problem to fix.

Always keep the reciept. Always. I have them from years ago. I keep every reciept. I have a HUGE box full of them and clipped together by months. Sorry they treated you like scum. Ill boycott home depot as they pissed me off last time I went in there anyway.

That's the funny thing about all this. She dug out receipts from last year where the only thing purchased was a $1.29 light bulb which has been long blown and replaced. The one receipt that I need, she can't find. Damn, the luck.

And on another note: The corner store sells ethanol free gas. That is what I have been buying for 4 wheeler and lawnmower. Will I have the same problems during the winter as w/ regular gas? Should I drain all the tanks or add an additive?

- - - Updated - - -

Homelite. I didn't want to have to pay $300+ for a gas model of something that I would use maybe once a year...

You might want to consider renting the equipment that you only use once a year. My tiller took a crap because of this, next year I will just rent one and not have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom