My clutch won't disengage.

Good deal. At least yours is metal. The slave cylinder on my Mini is made of polymer and is apparently prone to cracking. Happened to me while I was at the beach in a drive up.

Heeeellllllpppppp!!!!! So... I put off doing the slave cylinder until it went out on me and left me stranded. Replace that bled the system but my clutch pedal still has no feel to it. What should I do now? Just start at step one and check for leaks? I'm pretty sure it's bled well, I put a whole bottle of brake fluid through it.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_28_c23c59cb51bf3b6476a3c9d1ee2b1495.jpg

Think I found the leak. Looks like it's been leaking for a good while judging by the carpet. I was able to bleed the system a little bit and I drove the car around the block. I can only guess how long it would run like that. Looks like Ill be going to Autozone in the am and hopefully replacing the master cylinder before work.

good work get extra fluid and bleed it good!

Heeeellllllpppppp!!!!! So... I put off doing the slave cylinder until it went out on me and left me stranded. Replace that bled the system but my clutch pedal still has no feel to it. What should I do now? Just start at step one and check for leaks? I'm pretty sure it's bled well, I put a whole bottle of brake fluid through it.

top off your system and pop the cap back on. take a carpet ride
and pump the S out of that pedal (x's100),then look at the
resevoir. with the cap off if you see bubbles you have air
in the system,if the level falls there is a leak.

ps sometimes that fixes it.

Last edited:
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_07_938432d64e1336b81412e12363a68ae6.jpg

Well, I bled it and ran about a quart through it. No luck, even tried bleeding it with a vacuum pump. Nothing but, bubbles and more bubbles. I can't build up any resistance. I think maybe it's the hose but, it's not leaking terribly. At least not enough to make me think this is the only problem.

^^^that hose looks like it has been leaking for awhile.
shouldn't be rusty like that. steel braided ones are
very reasonable(online)now and are usually cheaper
than OEM style.

I agree. Normally any damp looking areas are bad. There should only be a few parts left to replace. Keep the hard line and try again.

Doesn't matter how much fluid you run thru it
You have to get the air out

If you're getting bubbles with the vac then it's not sealed

It only takes a tiny leak to lose all the pressure
Three or four drops of fluid leaking out of a crack in the hose or a connection will prevent it from working

Back
Top Bottom