• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My Bumble Bee

It's yellow and it's black and it has NO chrome, but it does have two wheels, so it's ok, lol.
I'm done with the chrome thing, lol. My first street bike was a 1993 Sportster 883, then 1996 Sportster Sport, then I bought a brand new 1999 Wide Glide and spent about $10,000 in wheels, paint, chrome and engine work. Came out 1st place at the Killer Creek bike show in Roswell in 05.

Since moving to Georgia in January 05 from Louisiana, I soon discovered I didn't like riding my Harley in the mountains compared to my FZ1. Too heavy, wooden brakes, and not much cornering clearance while riding in the mountains. Sold it and I've been riding naked / adventure bikes since then. I've always loved riding dirt bikes growing up, whether it was at the track or riding trails at Camp Claiborne in LA. Now that I'm getting older, ADV bikes allow me to ride the twisties, do 600 mile days comfortably, and do some light exploring on Forest Service roads which most people don't get to explore on two wheels. My DRZ400 let's me play in the dirt, ride the twisties and some single track and let's me get my dirt fix. I still like Harleys, ( I bought a 2009 Street Bob a couple years ago) its just for the riding I love to do, Adventure / dual sport bikes are the bikes I like to ride.

I'm done with the chrome thing, lol. My first street bike was a 1993 Sportster 883, then 1996 Sportster Sport, then I bought a brand new 1999 Wide Glide and spent about $10,000 in wheels, paint, chrome and engine work. Came out 1st place at the Killer Creek bike show in Roswell in 05.

Since moving to Georgia in January 05 from Louisiana, I soon discovered I didn't like riding my Harley in the mountains compared to my FZ1. Too heavy, wooden brakes, and not much cornering clearance while riding in the mountains. Sold it and I've been riding naked / adventure bikes since then. I've always loved riding dirt bikes growing up, whether it was at the track or riding trails at Camp Claiborne in LA. Now that I'm getting older, ADV bikes allow me to ride the twisties, do 600 mile days comfortably, and do some light exploring on Forest Service roads which most people don't get to explore on two wheels. My DRZ400 let's me play in the dirt, ride the twisties and some single track and let's me get my dirt fix. I still like Harleys, ( I bought a 2009 Street Bob a couple years ago) its just for the riding I love to do, Adventure / dual sport bikes are the bikes I like to ride.

I have been riding street bikes since i was 18 yrs old. I have always owned and ridden Harleys. A guy i grew up with, his dad owned a local Harley dealership locally back in the 70's, (before a dealership had to be built to look like a taj-mahal.) But i personally dont care what type or brand someone rides. I respect ANYONE who rides on two or three wheels, whether it be a dirt bike, sport bike, cruiser, touring, or a moped. Japanese, British, German, American made, to me they all have one thing in common. They are motorcycles, and they all serve the same purpose. No one brand or style of bike could ever fit everyones personal likes and tastes. I just love to ride.
Ride free and Ride safe my friend.

Last edited:

I'm glad you could tell I was only teasing.
I'm still on a 99 Wide Glide myself (the one in the pic) and compared to my 1984 Yamaha Venture Royale it's nimble as hell, lol.
Oh! And you only won 1st place, because I wasn't there!
We've crossed paths for sure.
My bike was one of the 1st sold from Killer Creek and I took delivery before they even opened.
Surely we've crossed paths......

I love anything with 2 wheels. I can't tell you how much fun the wife and I had on a Suzuki 185 street/trail bike for years or how many times I've considered putting another horse in the stable that looks something like the bike you just purchased. My wife and son both learned to ride on that bike. Truth be known we probably had more fun on that Suzuki in the National Forest than anything we've owned.
If it's licensed and registered you can ride it anywhere..
Riding in the National Forest is a great adventure and I've always been big on adventure.
The wife sold her Sporty when her eyesight starting going and riding on the back just isn't as exciting for her.

Another street/trail type bike (or two) might just be the ticket for us .....

Oh! And you only won 1st place, because I wasn't there!
We've crossed paths for sure.
My bike was one of the 1st sold from Killer Creek and I took delivery before they even opened..
Here's my Wide Glide after spending a bunch of $$$ on it, lol. I bought it new from Cajun Cycles in Lafayette LA back in May of 1999.

IMG_20150413_132200619.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom