My best friend passed away today.

I'd like to thank everyone again here for their condolences. Means a lot to me. The vet's office was kind enough to send prints of his muzzle and paws.

Wife surprised me yesterday with an appointment to have him added permanently so the big boy is always with me.
Sharing another picture and the new ink.
IMG_20201129_172013.jpg
20201129_162132_HDR.jpg

I honestly don't know how to process the emotions right now. Boston was my buddy. He grew old as my son grew up. Always gentle but ready to protect us at the slightest sign of something being off. I don't know why I'm writing this here. Feels good to remember him and share what an irreplaceable part of our family he was.

Thanks, ODT, for giving me an outlet.

The day I brought him home.
View attachment 2916752

One of my favorite pictures of him as we made our trek from Utah to Georgia.
View attachment 2916754

I'll miss you buddy and I'll look forward to you meeting me on the other side when it's my time. Thank you for all the best memories and keeping us safe. You were and always will be the best dog. God bless you on your new journey. Love you always.
Best gift God ever bestowed on man,was the connection and companionship of a good dog.They truly are a gift from above.Mine can sooth the worst days,with just a few strokes of her hair on her super loose Lab neck.I will be with you soon brother....I truly understand your loss.Many prayers for you and him.These kinds of connections are never broken,and you will be laying in the grass, gently petting his soft belly again in just a blink of time.Hold his memory close to your heart,I promise you will see your ole friend again.
Very Best Regards,Mike

Best gift God ever bestowed on man,was the connection and companionship of a good dog.They truly are a gift from above.Mine can sooth the worst days,with just a few strokes of her hair on her super loose Lab neck.I will be with you soon brother....I truly understand your loss.Many prayers for you and him.These kinds of connections are never broken,and you will be laying in the grass, gently petting his soft belly again in just a blink of time.Hold his memory close to your heart,I promise you will see your ole friend again.
Very Best Regards,Mike
Mike, thank you so much. I know my time will come and I'll be ready. I can just picture his wagging tail and that pit smile greeting me at the gates. I've lost family and my dog this year. The one thing I've realized that makes your own mortality easy to digest is that there are plenty of loved ones waiting to embrace you again on the other side.

Mike, thank you so much. I know my time will come and I'll be ready. I can just picture his wagging tail and that pit smile greeting me at the gates. I've lost family and my dog this year. The one thing I've realized that makes your own mortality easy to digest is that there are plenty of loved ones waiting to embrace you again on the other side.
No truer words have ever been spoken...I know without a doubt,I will see my furry friends again.My heart aches for your loss sir.Best medicine,is to invite a new furry friend to spend their short lifetime with you...best of luck my good friend.

No truer words have ever been spoken...I know without a doubt,I will see my furry friends again.My heart aches for your loss sir.Best medicine,is to invite a new furry friend to spend their short lifetime with you...best of luck my good friend.
As soon as we get back from our vacation out west to visit family we are going to find a pair of rescues. The one thing I think we could have done better for Boston was to give him a buddy to play with while we weren't home. But...the strangest thing, him and our cat played together. She'd hide in the bushes and jump out at him. She's been out of sorts since his passing too.

As soon as we get back from our vacation out west to visit family we are going to find a pair of rescues. The one thing I think we could have done better for Boston was to give him a buddy to play with while we weren't home. But...the strangest thing, him and our cat played together. She'd hide in the bushes and jump out at him. She's been out of sorts since his passing too.
@DinkyDau is needing his dog rescued. His wife needs his attention.

Back
Top Bottom