• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My best friend is a dead man...!

Droz76

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
12   0
Reaction score
My friend who may or may not end up in a early grave due to his most recent prank.
He sent me this youtube clip and the email was titled:
If you can recall doing this.
Congratulations, you are an old fart..!

Got him back though.
In my reply, I politely (maybe not so) that he was only a year younger than me.
Still, he didn't have to be so mean and remind me that I'm getting older.
Maybe I'll get his kids a drum set and trumpet for the tot's birthdays.

My friend who may or may not end up in a early grave due to his most recent prank.
He sent me this youtube clip and the email was titled:
If you can recall doing this.
Congratulations, you are an old fart..!

Got him back though.
In my reply, I politely (maybe not so) that he was only a year younger than me.
Still, he didn't have to be so mean and remind me that I'm getting older.
Maybe I'll get his kids a drum set and trumpet for the tot's birthdays.

The first computer I bought booted up to a "black screen," Win 3.0 didn’t do squat, and there was no internet…. only "bulletin boards" that you dialed up individually and they had share-ware programs you could download…. a dot-matrix printer with tractor-feed paper was about all a person could afford…..

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Windows was not the primary operating system.
The system booted into MSDOS and then the user typed the command at the dos prompt to start the Windows application or the command to start the applications which were not yet compatible with Windows.

Notice the size of the hard drive is 431 mb.

The commands executing at boot are to load the drivers for this new thing called a CD ROM drive, the top of the line sound card called a Sound Blaster, and to disable write behind caching.

Yes, I am old. :cool:

The first computer I saw was at school in 7th grade. They showed us how to draw pictures and print them. I had a couple game consoles before that , an Atari and the one with the little dial you’d turn to play ping pong and space invaders before that. We thought we were rich up in the trailer park lol.

My first computer was a hand-me-down 386 with a dot matrix printer. Didn’t have enough memory to support windows. I installed Letter Perfect but there was so little memory that you could type a sentence and then look at the screen and a few seconds later each letter would appear on the screen one at a time. You could type a whole paragraph before the first sentence finished showing up.

Then a 486 with Windows 3.1…
Then a Pentium with Windows
95, a 14.4K modem, and an AOL disc with a free 500 minutes!

Good times!

Back
Top Bottom