More "why is **** so $$$" thread

PVC or corrugated? Anything involving plastics and resins is getting blamed on the freezing weather from Texas earlier this year. I’d check other places as well, my normal supplier of drainage supplies has some things well over 3 times their price. I oddly found them at Home Depot for just a little more than normal.

That might be a workable strategy on ammunition (I still don't think it is) for a bunch of poorly prepared poors who want to shoot coke cans on the weekend, but it will never work when talking about capital investments where returns are needed for ROI. Building supply prices will continue to climb as long people are moving money.
This ^^^^^

It's easy to say dont buy when ur not the target market. If you dont have any to sell, then ur really not changing the market by refusing to buy

Repeat after me inflation is 2% just like most years....keep saying it over and over LOL.

In all seriousness, lot of whacky factors with covid, weather events etc. I think the true cost of inflation will be when things settle down and we get to look at the prices. Wood is coming down pretty good now. Just odd times and it seems everything is up.

Look at the chip shortage, power supplies and video cards for computers way way up (a lot do with miners)

I can tell you one thing that is NOT up and you don't have to worry about is your paycheck.

I hope things settle down I'm in a holding pattern on buying things.

Was at the supply house yesterday for drain pipes.
Earlier this year it was $53. Last week, $87. Yesterday $95.
Same length, same size, same manufacturer.
YET, somehow the gubberment says inflation is only a few % for 2021.

It's not just drain pipes. Groceries, gas powered machines, vehicles, etc., all up for 2021. Not sure I can name many things that have gone down or remained the same price in 2021.

I'm a finance guy and have an MBA degree. Something just doesn't add up. :rolleyes::doh:
Doing their very best to kill small businesses while maximizing their profits

Housing boom, on and off production, everything is in short supply for many reasons. One builder I know has had a slab down since May 6 and has yet to start framing because they can't get flooring systems. Another has two month delays because they can't get windows, another can't get garage doors. Just wait until next year when the fed raises interest rates and the housing boom screeches to a halt. About 18 months after that we will have another recession and houses will be on sale again.

I sure hope so. I prospered during the last one and look forward to doing it again.

Back
Top Bottom