• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More "why is **** so $$$" thread

95gAtl

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
Was at the supply house yesterday for drain pipes.
Earlier this year it was $53. Last week, $87. Yesterday $95.
Same length, same size, same manufacturer.
YET, somehow the gubberment says inflation is only a few % for 2021.

It's not just drain pipes. Groceries, gas powered machines, vehicles, etc., all up for 2021. Not sure I can name many things that have gone down or remained the same price in 2021.

I'm a finance guy and have an MBA degree. Something just doesn't add up. :rolleyes::doh:

It's not just drain pipes. Groceries, gas powered machines, vehicles, etc., all up for 2021. Not sure I can name many things that have gone down or remained the same price in 2021.

I'm a finance guy and have an MBA degree. Something just doesn't add up. :rolleyes::doh:
Look you’re a grown ass man you know that we have to look after all of the rest of society we got to take care of the stimulus we got to take care of child support baby daddy so quit complaining and do your part

You know what happens when you have x amount of dollars in the pool and suddenly add trillions more dollars to the same pool? Now imagine the original x amount was not backed by a single ounce of gold. Now you know why the gov says its not inflation. For once theyre not lying.

Housing boom, on and off production, everything is in short supply for many reasons. One builder I know has had a slab down since May 6 and has yet to start framing because they can't get flooring systems. Another has two month delays because they can't get windows, another can't get garage doors. Just wait until next year when the fed raises interest rates and the housing boom screeches to a halt. About 18 months after that we will have another recession and houses will be on sale again.

Look you’re a grown ass man you know that we have to look after all of the rest of society we got to take care of the stimulus we got to take care of child support baby daddy so quit complaining and do your part
Fo' real doe. He thank dem kids gon' feed demselfs somehow?

Just don't buy. If we all did that, prices would come down. I'd have to be awful desperate to buy much right now.
That might be a workable strategy on ammunition (I still don't think it is) for a bunch of poorly prepared poors who want to shoot coke cans on the weekend, but it will never work when talking about capital investments where returns are needed for ROI. Building supply prices will continue to climb as long people are moving money.

Back
Top Bottom