• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moly-Lube for case Lube?

wallacem

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
163   0
Reaction score
Been wondering, could we use this Moly-Lube for lubing cases or is therea reason not to doit? Wallacem

Attachments

• Moly-Lube.jpg
    Moly-Lube.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 3
Do a test run of a dozen cases and see how it performs when sizing... if it feels as if it is going to stick, stop immediately of course. Finding pure Lanolin and 99% Isopropyl alcohol is pretty easy off the net and makes up a fantastic lube --and I have used a quart bottle of it for 4 or 5 years now. 12:1 ratio works for me. (2 ounces Lanolin to 12 ounces of 99%) (3 ounces to 16 ounces is the same of course). You can purchase HEAT (red plastic bottle) at most any auto parts place and it works very well too.

i’ve been reloading for over 30 years and from the start i’ve used STP motor oil treatment and have never had a stuck cartridge even on the tough belted magnum cases,,,all you need is a drop on the case and use fingers to spread around,,,i’m on my second quart in over 30 years,,,not bad for $5 a quart,,,just my two cents

I have always thought any oil will work, just always wondered if there might be a reason to use special made stuff to prevent contamination of the powder coming in contact with it. I have to admit, it sure is convienent using the spray on stuff. Much faster too. Wallacem

Might lube small batches by spraying the inside of a gallon Ziplock bag, then placing your cases inside and "smush" them around some to coat the outsides. Less chance of squurting it inside the mouths. TWSS.

Back
Top Bottom