• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Model Rockets..where do I find them??

I mean, you can buy a variety of things there....
giphy (21).gif

Wal mart used to sell some cheap ones and a couple decent ones

Just occurred to me that I haven't been in a walmart in years. Or any other department store. Damn I'm becoming a hermit

Dude. ****ing hell yea! Me and my brother used to build them kits and launch them into the neighbors yard

I was given bottle rockets and pvc pipe as a kid...

All of this is valid!! But I absolutely want the cheap ones....we have too many trees around for pricey rockets!

I used to build Estes Model Rockets in the middle 60s. I'd order a model rocket kit and 6 engines (the engines came in red tubes with 3 engines in each tube. The launcher was a wooden block with holes to put 4 D cell batteries in and the wires went out to a switch to put the current to the alligator clips attached to the nicrochome wire stuffed up in the end of the rocket motor(?)/engine(?). Up it would go, then it would puff out some so you could see how high it went and then it would blow out the parachute and it would come down and hang up in the trees. Lots of fun. They even had multi-stage rockets with 2 or 3 motors in a row. It's a great hobby for the kids.

Later on I quit launching and would take the motors apart and pack rocket tubes with the power plus gunpowder from opened shotgun shells and then add a fuse, light and run like heck before it blew up.

Dad took that hobby away from me and lit my pants up too.

Good luck, I hope you find some. Post pictures of the launch and recovery when you get them.

Hobby town USA. I used to shoot those rockets when I was younger. Was really exciting, except when they almost all floated into a tree somewhere lol.

Hobby Lobby has some starter kits with everything but the engines and glue. I believe we paid like $27 last summer for one.

Back
Top Bottom