• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mistake #89 & #90

That’s when you show her how to use a bullet puller next:) it’s kinda hard to screw mine up, since all you have to do is pull the handle on them.
i should have but she gave up the hobby pretty quick :shocked: said it was too expensive(using my powder, brass, bullet and primers..... sometimes I don't argue..

Good idea with the powder labels. I think I might get some of the wide rubber bands and write on them with a sharpie. I typically keep the canister of the powder in question on the bench and all others are stored.

Rosewood
Need to print them in a different color so you can see the color behind the label.

Also printed a label for the primer tube but that was just because I was printing stuff. It’s easy to get carried away. 😂

Attachments

• 259A7746-898F-4C42-997C-01C64BCCC9E0.jpeg
    259A7746-898F-4C42-997C-01C64BCCC9E0.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 9
Posting this to hopefully help another beginner, I have made so many mistakes, most by just not paying attention.

Recent purchases include H4350 for my 6.5 CM and some Berger .30 175gr VLD Hunting bullets for my 308, seemingly unrelated yet caused #89. I was loading my new 308 bullets, completed 25 to the correct CBTO, yay me! I was looking for my other .30 bullets to round out a box and I see two Varget cannisters and thought how strange as I only bought two. Yep, loaded these 25 with H4350, which I could find no load data for so I needed to pull the 25 wonderful deer killers.

Problem #90 - Put in my cam lever Hornady puller (great tool BTW), pulled one then had a senior moment or got distracted and ran my press in the wrong direction - jammed the ever loving crap out of the plunger up into the casing. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't grab the next bullet, but that happens when the plunger is jammed tight and the collar wont make contact. Felt incredibly stupid again.

Looked online and saw that Hornady is good about replacing when other idiots did this before me, so I sent them an email as it was after business hours. Caught a break when Academy in McDonough showed one in stock, and it was there for me to buy. So, all bullets pulled, powder reclaimed, and cases reloaded and bullets made. If you are a new reloader, buy a puller. More importantly pay attention or pay the price

Scott
I learned that when I reload, I have to send the strippers home,so I wasn’t distracted!

Back
Top Bottom