• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Missing my old Maverick

RiverBend

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Proud Southern, Christian
362   0
Reaction score
15095717_1349226558472739_8198821735398855746_n.jpg

Yea, I've been wanting a Falcon/Comet or Maverick/Comet sedan for awhile now. Can't ever seen to find a decent one close by.

Have a neighbor that has two Maverick coupes in his yard now that he's working on.

Yea, I've been wanting a Falcon/Comet or Maverick/Comet sedan for awhile now. Can't ever seen to find a decent one close by.

Have a neighbor that has two Maverick coupes in his yard now that he's working on.
You will never find a good vehicle nearby.
Doesn’t matter what you’re looking for, the good ones nearby are always overpriced and you’ll have to travel several hours away to get the one you want .

and if you’re not willing to drive a few hours each way to get it, we’ll you didn’t really want it that bad , did ya?

most folks don’t know it and the Mustang fans would never admit it , just like they act like the Mustang 2 never existed, but the maverick outsold the mustang by significantly for several years

My first new car, when I was 15, was a 1973 Mercury Comet GT with a great running 302 engine - $3300 out the door. Ordered from the factory with Thrush side pipes that were guaranteed to leave marks on your girlfriend's leg the first time she got out, swung her legs out the door, and put that first foot down. I can still hear the pain, and see the stripes on her nylon pantyhose...

You will never find a good vehicle nearby.
Doesn’t matter what you’re looking for, the good ones nearby are always overpriced and you’ll have to travel several hours away to get the one you want .

and if you’re not willing to drive a few hours each way to get it, we’ll you didn’t really want it that bad , did ya?

Heck if I found any only a few hours away I'd be ecstatic. When I said none were close by it me, I should have implied that they were out of state. Since I don't have a truck capable of towing that much or the time to travel that far I'm out of luck.

One thing I've noticed is that the majority of car's in Georgia are priced higher than the surrounding states. I've come to the conclusion that when I have the funds to buy the car AND ship it, I'll be looking for one from a dry arid state like Arizona/New Mexico. When I do that I'll be a little picker and look for a 65-69 Comet.

I sold my Maverick to a guy out towards Lithonia years ago. It had a 6 point bar, subframe connectors and a 9 inch under it as well as a fiberglass hood.

Heck if I found any only a few hours away I'd be ecstatic. When I said none were close by it me, I should have implied that they were out of state. Since I don't have a truck capable of towing that much or the time to travel that far I'm out of luck.

One thing I've noticed is that the majority of car's in Georgia are priced higher than the surrounding states. I've come to the conclusion that when I have the funds to buy the car AND ship it, I'll be looking for one from a dry arid state like Arizona/New Mexico. When I do that I'll be a little picker and look for a 65-69 Comet.
Yep
We got my sons 76 chevy pickup from AZ
Few rust bubbles in the bottom corner of the doors but that’s it.

all the ones in Georgia had holes you could see thru in the cab corners and front floor

if you find the perfect one at a great price you can always rent a Ryder or Uhaul truck and trailer and bring it back

A maverick will Probabaly fit inside a Ryder box truck
I know an early bronco will fit....

Back
Top Bottom