• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Misfiring hemi, wtf?

IMaDad

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
I wish I could sit in the final engineering meeting for new model trucks.

If I could have been in the Dodge Ram meeting in 2006 it would have gone something like this:

Okay what kind of spark plugs are we using? Copper? I like that! Keep it cheap!

Wait, there's 16 of them?

You're kidding right?

Okay well at least they are easy to get to right?

You have to take off the what?

And the what?!?!?!

:::SLAP HIM IN THE DAMN MOUTH:::

Yeah and they break off often enough that it costs out the ass to have it done somewhere if you don't want to deal with it. Ford even has a service bulletin on the right way to change them to lessen the chances of breakage. Which is basically a crap load of penetrating oil and working it back and forth and crossing your fingers.

Btw why get mad at them when you bought a Hemi ?

Are you not aware a Hemi is 2 plugs per cylinder ? Has always been that way even the old Hemi

Only thing makes me mad is these are truly not a Hemi , when you take the heads off nothing is Hemi about them

The older is a true Hemi

In 06 you only have one plug that is cheaper and change out at 30k and other is 100k

But me ocd I just change them all

Yours very easy in a truck

Well I started misfiring and what do you know... Haven't changed the plugs in at least100k. Haha oops.

They are bad looking too. Lol.

Yeah and they break off often enough that it costs out the ass to have it done somewhere if you don't want to deal with it. Ford even has a service bulletin on the right way to change them to lessen the chances of breakage. Which is basically a crap load of penetrating oil and working it back and forth and crossing your fingers.
All the years I been building these hemis never had one break , now fords countless , and the fords pretty much bought my house lol
I have a special tool for the fords and it has paid for it the first or second one

Back
Top Bottom