• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Milsurp hunting.....

I would test the two types and see what your rifle likes. My rifle does great with old Yugo 54R for some reason. Does very well with Silver Bear 200 GR ammo at 60-70 yards. PPU FMJ's are wicked.

Irons methinks

She will do it.

Sights aren't the best but practice will overcome that.

Best two-stage trigger of any milsurp.

Buddy of mine has the clamp on muzzle brake that works REALLY well. I had to order one after shooting his.

Loves me some K31.

image (1).jpg

100yd K31.jpg

I just got a really nice m38 not to long ago. I can't wait to take that out and get a deer with it. Anyone have any good suggestions on ammo?
ppu soft points 150 grain, they're fair priced, accurate and expand well. 7.62x54r will kill most any deer right on the the spot they're on in Georgia

ppu soft points 150 grain, they're fair priced, accurate and expand well. 7.62x54r will kill most any deer right on the the spot they're on in Georgia
Cool I'll look in to some! I figured the 54r would be plenty big enough, I'm not big into tracking deer. I like to see em drop in they're tracks!

Great shooting!!

Thanks!

The Garand has better sights, though...just nevermind the flyer...

100yd Garand.jpg

With the K31 I had to develop a sight picture method because of the rear leaf. Aiming the rifle up I focus on the front sight post with the leaf below and bring the weapon down. The cheek weld is me bringing my head down against the stock to get a clear target picture with the leaf aligned with the front post. Hard to explain but it gave me more consistency on the sight picture which lead to better accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom