• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MG owners. Ever had the law called on you for automatic fire?

I guess I assume that someone shooting an MG in broad daylight, on their own property, is probably a law abiding citizen. For whatever it's worth, I've been either shooting or accompanying someone shooting an MG on three different occasions, once in SC, twice in GA when LE was called...never were they at low ready nor did they ever ask for any paperwork.
and you would be correct..... IF..... the officers arriving knew who you are. They are responding to a complaint they do not know you nor do they know your the property owner, or the legal owner of a MG. That said we still respond to shots fired calls, but if its someone Ive been out on before, I generally just stroll up and tell them the neighbors are complaining again. And several of these folks have become friends over the years. Additionally if its a address we recognize we usually call the responding officer on a side channel and let him know what he is headed to. If you can give us a better way to respond to a shots fired call, feel free to let me know, if its tactically sound I'm all about a better way in all aspects of my job.

and you would be correct..... IF..... the officers arriving knew who you are. They are responding to a complaint they do not know you nor do they know your the property owner, or the legal owner of a MG. That said we still respond to shots fired calls, but if its someone Ive been out on before, I generally just stroll up and tell them the neighbors are complaining again. And several of these folks have become friends over the years. Additionally if its a address we recognize we usually call the responding officer on a side channel and let him know what he is headed to. If you can give us a better way to respond to a shots fired call, feel free to let me know, if its tactically sound I'm all about a better way in all aspects of my job.
I can understand if one is shooting within city limits..shots fired call but generally out in rural areas a shots fired call..what..ive got neighbors that shoot often and sometimes full auto, nobody cares or they wouldn't be doing it

I'm telling you there are some ignorant ( and that's being generous) cops and deputies in Macon/ Bibb Co. And several of them seem to be getting fires and arrested lately.
Your missing my question..... a Tec9 and Uzi resemble each other in absolutely no way Uzis in all 3 variants are fed through the grip. A Tec9s magazine is forward of the trigger housing. Both are available and semi and full auto.

I can understand if one is shooting within city limits..shots fired call but generally out in rural areas a shots fired call..what..ive got neighbors that shoot often and sometimes full auto, nobody cares or they wouldn't be doing it
Then there would not be a shots fired call and would be a non event. were talking about the neighbors calling on a MG being discharged next door.

Then there would not be a shots fired call and would be a non event. were talking about the neighbors calling on a MG being discharged next door.
I live in a rural area but I do have a few neighbors. I believe the statistical likelihood of it being someone committing a crime with a MG would make me assume that the shooter is just having target practice unless it was in a mall parking lot. I doubt there are many people shooting mg's in heavily populated subdivisions. They have invested a lot of time and money in these weapons and tend to not do things to jeopardize said ownership.

Your missing my question..... a Tec9 and Uzi resemble each other in absolutely no way Uzis in all 3 variants are fed through the grip. A Tec9s magazine is forward of the trigger housing. Both are available and semi and full auto.

You are saying this as a gun enthusiast with the required knowledge. Now imagine you knew nothing of that. Or pick a subject you have zero knowledge of, say.... Brony culture (hopefully LOL). Would you be able to tell the difference between the different "horses" or their show iterations ? Imagine if you were a judge of a contest where you had to do so, knowing nothing about them. That is the task faced by a non-gun enthusiast informed LEO, who also has to worry that the bronys will attack him with their foam ponies.

:D

I live in a rural area but I do have a few neighbors. I believe the statistical likelihood of it being someone committing a crime with a MG would make me assume that the shooter is just having target practice unless it was in a mall parking lot. I doubt there are many people shooting mg's in heavily populated subdivisions. They have invested a lot of time and money in these weapons and tend to not do things to jeopardize said ownership.
Obviously you know the Statistics...... Please enlighten us

You are saying this as a gun enthusiast with the required knowledge. Now imagine you knew nothing of that. Or pick a subject you have zero knowledge of, say.... Brony culture (hopefully LOL). Would you be able to tell the difference between the different "horses" or their show iterations ? Imagine if you were a judge of a contest where you had to do so, knowing nothing about them. That is the task faced by a non-gun enthusiast informed LEO, who also has to worry that the bronys will attack him with their foam ponies.

:D
10-9?????? I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. I was pointing out that this man believes that the LEOs in his area don't know the difference and are ignorant because of it. I can not attest to the ignorance of the officers in his area, but I can say he is confusing two weapons that do not even look alike

Back
Top Bottom