• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MG owners. Ever had the law called on you for automatic fire?

That's usually a bad approach to dealing with the police. Yes, there are a few bad ones out there, but most of them mean well. If you can befriend your local officers, your life will be easier.

Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Had a group of 9 pre-deploying contractors on 300 acres of land up in West Virginia. Doing a live fire move and shoot exercise, some of the locals thought we had full auto weapons and called the law. We were in a bit of a valley with a range safety officer with binoculars on the hill watching the teams movements with a radio tied to all. One squad car made it's way to another high spot and then within 15 minutes pretty much the entire Sheriffs department (6 or so units).

No full auto's, just guys moving and shooting AKM's, and pistols rapidly, they thought we were a group of "militia" types until myself and the land owner got on the horn with them and explained who and why we were there. They apologized and one or two stayed and watched at our invite because they never had done live fire moving and shooting as teams.

RIP-Yatez44

Last edited:
If you're already dumping the money on an SMG you might as well get a silencer too ... why keep the neighbors awake with your target shooting ;)

Just curious or taking a poll if any of you with registered machine guns has ever had the law called on you for reports of automatic fire? Such as dumping a few mags in your backyard or on private property. I have a M11 SMG pending and curious what I might expect when I receive my stamp and start dumping 30 round mags in the yard. I do quite a bit of shooting at the house and never had a problem with the neighbors calling for noise complaints before, but I wonder what they are going to think when they hear copious amounts of rounds expended in seconds.

Back
Top Bottom