Meet up Precautions

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldredtop

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
4   0
Reaction score
I’ve been lurking around the forum on and off for a year, but this is my first post so please be gentle…:)

Over the years, my purchases and sales of firearms have always been with people I know. Since I am considering doing some buying and selling on this forum, I would like some advice…

How and where do you like to meet for a firearm transaction? Public place? Parking lot? With or without backup?

I’m sure most folks on here are fine, but with no experience in this area, thought I would ask for help from some of you “veterans”…

Thanks in advance.

Brad

If your uncomfortable just use people with numerous positive feedbacks, most of us are very serious about it. As far as meeting places, I don't have any preferences. I usually end up meeting up in front of a grocery store, restaraunts, or gas stations. And I have met most members by myself.

Well lit open places with enough people present, but not too many. The back of walmart parking lots work great. I always have backup in multiple forms. I always carry, try and invite a friend who carries as well, and I bring my German Shepherd or American Bulldog. Never had a problem yet.

Welcome to the ODT

I usually meet in a parking lot somewhere between the other guy's and my location. I usually go for a QT, Publix, Home Depot or someplace with high traffic. I have never had any problems with a meet and don't feel the need for back up. I always have a gun on me and I try not to meet in a dark ally somewhere.

My wife used to have fits when i would go meet folks. Public place for sure, QT, wal-mart, Wendy's, Cracker barrell, never on a dark dirt road after dark . I try to talk to them a little bit and if you know a name and phone number and he's got good feedback go with it. If you spend enough time on the forum you can kinda tell who you wanna deal with and who you don't. Take a little caution and common sense with you to a meet , oh and 17+1 hp GET RIGHT too!!

Welcome to the ODT

I usually meet in a parking lot somewhere between the other guy's and my location. I usually go for a QT, Publix, Home Depot or someplace with high traffic. I have never had any problems with a meet and don't feel the need for back up. I always have a gun on me and I try not to meet in a dark ally somewhere.
That^

Hmm I judge by feedback and posts. I've met at gas stations at 11pm with folks I know and have high feedback. With newbs I tend to meet at quick trip or store parking lots in broad daylight.

I carry Josey Wales style with about 9-12 handguns all over, ready for action at the first sign of any kind of trickery.

Ok really, like the others said meet in a well lit public place, daytime is better but now that's difficult.In front of the police station usually works.
I've met people by themselves, with another person, with a girlfriend or wife, etc and have never had a problem.
I do not take anything for granted,I do carry let people know where I am going and who I am meeting and am careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom