• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Medical people, what would be some good classes/training to take?

Unfortunately the reality is medicine is now like learning to work on a car. you cannot just start tearing in without taking anatomy and physiology courses and theory course. I have wanted to learn more on this subject in the same manner as the original poster but the options are do it the right way if you want formal training or things like the 1500 class mentioned above are your only option. You can probably learn everything that class can teach between the internet and books. Also your emphasis should be focused on illness and disease as they will be a much greater threat to your family’s health than bumps and bruises. A great book and the best DIY medicine guide I have ever read is "Where There is No Doctor". In a SHTF scenario it is unlikely you will be completely cut off from any kind of medicine in the states at least. I also keep an A&P book and other medicine guides at home as a worst case scenario. Also if you are serious you will want a real chemistry set i.e. micro scope, test tubes, centrifuge, the works.

Still it boils down to: you get formal training or establish a community contact that has formal training or except the real possibility that you could die of a curable disease.

Back
Top Bottom