Major frustration after deer down this morning

This is why I invested in a grinder/ vacuum sealer and do my own. It’s pretty easy to learn and after about 4 deer your break even $$ wise and after that you start saving money. After a couple deer your get pretty fast at the butchering part.

Always cut mine up myself. Glad I did when I was eating it. I could chew it. I did not gut the deer. Skin the back and legs, cut out back strap, remove quaters, box of salt, bag of ice in the cooler. Done. Takes bout 20 mins
what about the tenderloins?

Well I'm located in the Woodstock Canton area. Anybody needs deer processed I will do for a small fee depending on what you want. I will teach you if interested as I do it. I do not do this for a living(process deer), but do my own and I've been a meat cutter/ butcher for the last 23 years. Sausage/cuts, etc

Well I'm located in the Woodstock Canton area. Anybody needs deer processed I will do for a small fee depending on what you want. I will teach you if interested as I do it. I do not do this for a living(process deer), but do my own and I've been a meat cutter/ butcher for the last 23 years. Sausage/cuts, etc
Any tips on how to get the “silver skin” membrane off the meat. I have read that some people leave it on but it clogs up my grinder if I do. And I don’t want it in my meat anyway... but man this last deer I cut up and ground...getting the silver skin off was a PIA.

Call me next time this happens and I’ll help you process it. I just do roast on the hinds, butterfly the backstraps and run everything else thru the grinder after de-silvering. Vacuum seal and freeze. Around here i cooler age. In tn, it’s usually cold enough to let hang in a tree for a few days.

Our two closest processors (Coweta and Moreland) have shut down within the the last year.. gonna go back to doing mine myself as well

Back
Top Bottom