• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Machinist or Welding Small Project Help Needed

WolfPackOne

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
41   0
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I’m needing some help here. The hydraulic nipple on my Kubota backhoe stabilizing unit snapped and I need to repair it. For some crazy reason it is a one piece unit and they want me to buy a whole new cylinder. Surely this can be repaired by cutting and welding a new nipple on. Any welders that can help me? I’m in Roswell and can trade with some cash, ammo, booze or old girlfriends.

Top pictures shows before and bottom pictures shows the break. It does not screw into the connector. Not sure of the pressure requirements either.

Thanks

Weld L.jpg
Weld R.jpg

How did they do the repair? It's crazy that the threaded part is fixed to the cylinder.

At the top right hand side of the post is a tab. "thread Tools" You should be able to close it there.

He "simply" cut off the connector and welded a new one on. Works great. Shout out to Sam at No Ga Cylinder & Hydraulics in Cumming.

Sorry but the only option I see in the thread tools is edit or who replied.???

Tube.jpg

I get how you feel. I hate it when it comes to this kind of work. I had to fix quite a few pieces of furniture during my daughter's wedding, and without a good drill, it was such a frustrating experience. Some chairs had to be screwed, and I was not happy after all to do the wedding in our garden despite my idea of saving money. So I looked up some quick reviews on https://powerdrillguru.com/best-impact-driver/ and headed to a shop to buy one of the most affordable impact drivers and get the job done as fast as possible.

Back
Top Bottom