• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MAC-10 Can on a 308?

cmor

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
6   0
Reaction score
Would everyone chime in, Thinking about getting a adapter for my MAC -10 Can so it will fit on my
308? I know its' bigger and heaver than a regular can for a 308. just looking for input and if I should or shouldn't
do it?

Thanks,

Cool, makes sense, so you guys would say that the can(45) is built different than one for a 308? If so what is different? This is my first can, (can you tell) and have been thinking about it. Why do they make adapters to move one can to a different thread size? Plus the MAC can is built for full auto, just my thoughts......

The adapters are for using it on different host weapons. You could use your can on 40, 9mm, 22, etc without a problem. Going from a 45 acp load to a 308 load is a huge difference. You are talking around 6 grains of powder in a 45 give or take, to around 40 grains give or take in a 308. Not to mention the 308 is traveling at around 2000 feet per second faster. That is a substantial increase in pressure.

material, and design pressure are the main differences between pistol caliber and rifle caliber cans. Your subgun can is made to handle a 21K PSI chamber pressure round. A rifle can is made for 62K+ PSI. When you are designing the can, that is one of your main concerns.

Back
Top Bottom