• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 Carbine........Why Not? Advice Grateful

NewLeaf

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Glad2bHere
30   0
Reaction score
Been lookin at these for a WHILE along with high dollar 9mm carbine's,rifles,& sbr to fill a gap. Besides looks, cause some of us still find wood furniture attractive. Paratrooper model comes in at 5lbs or less if you use your imagination (I'm told). The .30 out performs the 9mm as well. Inlighten me Brethren ; why does this breed seam to be dying or I better say "not near as popular". I'm thinkin their just not Tacticool enough?

Yup, I have and forgot to mention in post. GOOD reason (1). $.25 vs $.15 a rd

I've always liked the carbine. Grew up shooting one my grandad had. I'd like another one myself but hard to give up the AR for plinking when you have kids who like pulling the trigger.

Anyone entering the Milsurp market needs to learn to reload,not only for lessened cost but far more accurate ammo than currently available,custom loads always outshoot factory ammo and once you get a correct lload worked up for a carbine they are a joy to shoot and far more accurate than any 9mm out there

I see no reason to avoid the 30 carbine. I have an Inland M1 Carbine. And a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 Carbine. I reload for it and shoot it often. I keep them both loaded with Hornady Critical Defense ammo. The cost of factory ammo is the only negative I see.

I love my m1 Carbine. It's a must for any gun collector right next to a Garand and 1911.

Agreed
IMG_9799.JPG
IMG_9802.JPG
IMG_9908.JPG

Back
Top Bottom