• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Low glock prices

last time i was in Ed's, i was looking for one of the G21 with 3 mag deals they posted about. i get there, they know nothing about what i am talking about... but they do have some beat to all heck g21's with no boxes and 1 mag for 525. i mean really? i broke one down and looked at the bore and internals and it was jacked up, probably 15-20k rounds and never cleaned.

some idiot strolled up and goes "i am a glock armorer, and that thing is in great shape"(he was clearly a friend of the stores). and i gave him a wtf look and just left. i wont buy anything from them, their prices are too high especially on their police trade ins and other used stuff... and they are beat to hell. they tried to tell me it had "night sights" on it too and i looked and they were completely worn out. the gun was a gen 2 as well(which i wouldn't mind) but they still wanted 525 for all used .45acp glocks. its like they dont have a concept of condition and how it effects value.

they may sell a lot of new glocks, and i am happy for them, but they wont sell one to me.

edit: yes, i am bitter because they are just miles down the road from me, and i have to look elsewhere to get a decently priced/not beat to hell glock.

Last edited:
last time i was in Ed's, i was looking for one of the G21 with 3 mag deals they posted about. i get there, they know nothing about what i am talking about... but they do have some beat to all heck g21's with no boxes and 1 mag for 525. i mean really? i broke one down and looked at the bore and internals and it was jacked up, probably 15-20k rounds and never cleaned.

some idiot strolled up and goes "i am a glock armorer, and that thing is in great shape"(he was clearly a friend of the stores). and i gave him a wtf look and just left. i wont buy anything from them, their prices are too high especially on their police trade ins and other used stuff... and they are beat to hell. they tried to tell me it had "night sights" on it too and i looked and they were completely worn out. the gun was a gen 2 as well(which i wouldn't mind) but they still wanted 525 for all used .45acp glocks. its like they dont have a concept of condition and how it effects value.

they may sell a lot of new glocks, and i am happy for them, but they wont sell one to me.

edit: yes, i am bitter because they are just miles down the road from me, and i have to look elsewhere to get a decently priced/not beat to hell glock.

Must have been the wrong Eds... I have never seen anything you have described...sounds like your are just "hatin"

Chiefsquirrel83, how is Dixie ammo dump in hoschton.

Ugh, I've bought a couple of things there (Including my first gun, a Glock 17.) Turns out, those guys aren't interested in anything other than your money. I'm done doing business with them. There are much closer gun stores to me now, and my store of choice is Foxhole Guns & Archery in Gainesville.

Ugh, I've bought a couple of things there (Including my first gun, a Glock 17.) Turns out, those guys aren't interested in anything other than your money. I'm done doing business with them. There are much closer gun stores to me now, and my store of choice is Foxhole Guns & Archery in Gainesville.

The Foxhole is great for archery...horrible for firearms. Very little selection. I'm not paying over $550.00 for a new glock or $400 for a used SKS.

The GSSF rules changed (I assume that's what you mean?) although you can still join for 2 years, get your coupon for a discount Glock (LEO pricing) AND get to shoot in GSSF matches which is fun as hell. The discount isn't that great if you don't want to actually be a member of the GSSF, I paid 425 for my new Gen4 17 (plus tax I think it was at 469 or so). Or, you can become a LEO, fire fighter or pilot (not sure why that's in the list) to get the same pricing :)

LEO pricing is still $398...GSSF pricing is $425.

Back
Top Bottom