• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lose sale for $20-$50...

24zmey.jpg

If $20 really makes that much of a difference with what you can afford, maybe you can't afford what you think you can

Nope, that's not it at all.

There is nothing on ODT I "got to have". No food, no drugs, no sex. The Seller, on the other hand, is selling for some reason, and wants my money.

I don't know how badly he wants my money, but I know I can put it all back in wallet and come back another day. Despite the "rare" and "collectible" items routinely sold here, there are very very few unique items sold on ODT and I'm comfortable waiting till the day the same item comes up at the price I want to pay. The Seller - who knows.

Nope, that's not it at all.

There is nothing on ODT I "got to have". No food, no drugs, no sex. The Seller, on the other hand, is selling for some reason, and wants my money.

I don't know how badly he wants my money, but I know I can put it all back in wallet and come back another day. Despite the "rare" and "collectible" items routinely sold here, there are very very few unique items sold on ODT and I'm comfortable waiting till the day the same item comes up at the price I want to pay. The Seller - who knows.
Some people may not have to sell either. What you have decided your own budget is has nothing to do with the value of an item.

The ridiculous part of your whole theory is that someone should bow to whatever random number you have budgeted to spend, and if they don't, they are the idiot. Maybe you should save more.

The ridiculous part of your whole theory is that someone should bow to whatever random number you have budgeted to spend, and if they don't, they are the idiot. Maybe you should save more.

I don't have a theory, I'm stating facts.

The "value" of an item is what a willing seller is will to sell for, and what a willing buyer is willing to pay. Without either of those actors, the item has no "intrinsic" value as some here on ODT seem to believe.

The counter to your statement is that I don't feel bound to respond to some random number some owner has assigned to some fungible item he owns, and wants to get rid of. I wish him well. I hope he gets what he's asking for, he's just not getting it from me.

I not calling anyone an "idiot", that's your term. The FACT is that I'm comfortable putting my money back in my wallet and I have to assume the seller is comfortable putting the item "back in the safe." Judging from some of the ads here, some of which have run for years with no change in terms, it's safe (pun intended) to assume that they are comfortable holding on to whatever they have.

As to your immature and childish comment about needing to save more, please be assured I can pay cash for just about anything I've seen advertised on ODT, with substantial change left over. Everything I own is bought and paid for, I don't owe a person a dime. Get back to me on saving when you can say the same thing,

I don't have a theory, I'm stating facts.

The "value" of an item is what a willing seller is will to sell for, and what a willing buyer is willing to pay. Without either of those actors, the item has no "intrinsic" value as some here on ODT seem to believe.

The counter to your statement is that I don't feel bound to respond to some random number some owner has assigned to some fungible item he owns, and wants to get rid of. I wish him well. I hope he gets what he's asking for, he's just not getting it from me.

I not calling anyone an "idiot", that's your term. The FACT is that I'm comfortable putting my money back in my wallet and I have to assume the seller is comfortable putting the item "back in the safe." Judging from some of the ads here, some of which have run for years with no change in terms, it's safe (pun intended) to assume that they are comfortable holding on to whatever they have.

As to your immature and childish comment about needing to save more, please be assured I can pay cash for just about anything I've seen advertised on ODT, with substantial change left over. Everything I own is bought and paid for, I don't owe a person a dime. Get back to me on saving when you can say the same thing,
You aren't wrong. The good thing is, the seller of something is not targeting only one person with interest. There tends to be a number of people interested.

I don't understand, and I know you aren't the OP, the butthurt that a seller won't come down $20.$20 is $20. It is a lunch. 2 beverages. Couple days of coffee. If I want something, I don't worry about $20. I feel it probably has more to do with the OP wanting to feel like he got the better of the seller. There are a lot of people like that here. Won't ever give someone what they are asking. Doesn't matter if it is a smoking deal or not. They refuse to give what is being asked. Gotta feel like they are getting a steal. Makes em feel manly or something. I dunno

Is it me or is it really stupid people losing sales over $20-$50? They have an item for sale over 1200 and they decline $20-$50 discount and lose sell and later come back to you after a week they can do it... maybe it’s just me lol
Then there’s those cheap azzes that’ll lose a gun they really want over $20-$50.
Come back to you after a week and say they can do it.. Sorry, no longer for sale... to you...

So it’s wrong for a seller to not sell over $20-$50 but it’s okay for a buyer to not buy over $20-$50?

If you don’t agree on the price. Then there’s no sale. If one of you change your mind, who cares?

Don’t be a bitch. I thought boomer/Gen X gun guys are supposed to be “anti snowflake”.

That’s coming from a millennial.

Back
Top Bottom