• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to get into welding

Max&jack91

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
35   0
Reaction score
I am looking to get into welding. Would be working with 3"x3" 11 gauge steel and possibly smaller. Was wondering if the Lincoln 140 mig would be a good one to learn own or possibly a titanium from HF. Would like to try and build a table and possible a squat stand. Any tips and info would be great. Thank you

I'd get a Miller. I've run the little Lincoln's in the past. Didn't care for them. I have heard good things about those multi process welders from HF also.

I got a Miller to learn on, I'd go with that. I tried some Lincolns but the Miller just seemed to work better for me. Get plenty of scrap metal, watch tons of videos and practice away. It's not too hard to learn the basics yourself.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I ended up going for the Lincoln 180. Hopefully by next weekend I'll have the 220v set up in the garage for it.

I would of went with a Hobart. Just a relabeled Miller. I personally hate Lincoln, I don’t like how they run. But I weld daily so I’m a little picky on what I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom