Looking for feedback on repairing or replacing outdoor grill

I vote Weber Genesis if you are strictly talking gas grill.

Check out HHGregg. I was able to get one on Clearance in the fall (model was changing). I even offered the manager less than they had it on clearance for and he took the offer. At some point they will roll them to the back so you may just have to ask them if they have them in stock.

The heat shield on my Charbroil infrared rusted out and Charbroil wanted to sell me a new firebox which had the heat shield riveted underneath. It was $100 with shipping. I bought a new gas grill at Lowes for $119 - Huntington- cast aluminum that happened to be made in the USA. The Huntington works very well and there aren't any wear parts to rust out. The mfg. ( http://huntingtonbbq.com/ ) offers first rate customer service during the warranty period and will replace any part free of charge. Spare parts are very reasonable too much cheaper than other online venues. For my old Charbroil, I bought a piece of galvanized HVAC ducting for $3 at Lowes and improvised a replacement heat shield which is working well.

+1 on Big Green Egg, my father has had one for nearly 17 years and myself over 11 years. Some parts have to be replaced on them every so often but for the money you would spend replacing your grill every year or even every 5 years you can not do any better. Plus they work as a smoker as well.

My daughter has a Big Green Egg and loves it. The down sides I see are that the purchase cost is higher and being ceramic, it can crack or be broken if it is ever knocked over or mishandled.

Back
Top Bottom