• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for Evening/Night Job... Where to start?

Hey all... So things are starting to get to the point where my normal day job (Ga DNR) isn't going pay all the bills once my wife gets too pregnant to continue working. I'm pretty well educated and have science degrees and have a graduate degree from Ga Tech. I've looked at and applied to Stocking and Receiving Jobs at Home Depot and Wal-mart.

This is the first time I've looked for a 'night job'. So where else should or could I be looking...?

I did stocking at basspro a few years back when I was in a pinch like this. They start stocking around 3 am and stop around 2 pm. If I were you I'd look for a second shift at a warehouse and drive a lift. They usually start at 10/hr and go up to 14-15/hr. There are a bunch of places that do warehousing. You are in Decatur, swing by ABC Polymers (stone mountain) and see if they are hiring night shift drivers. I worked there for a few years and still know all of the people. They start second shift at like 6pm and it ends at around 2am. If not just hit distribution centers. Go to google.com/maps and zoom in locally and type in distribution centers and start calling around.

I know you could do better with your degree but when you want a second job it is usually best to just stick to something that doesn't require much brain power. Just my 2p. GL!

Call centers are almost always hiring for night and weekend positions. I run ops in call centers, and we almost always have trouble getting good people in the door for those hours. Some companies will pay a differential.

Aside from the other suggestions, you can also look into route driving opportunities for bottling and bread/food companies.

Don't underestimate the worth of your degree. If you're not making enough in your day job, maybe you are being underpaid.

Back
Top Bottom