• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for data on a Zero 147 gr jhp as far as powder ...........

chopps

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had any hornady data on loading these with win231 or hp38 ?
I can find hodgdon universal/titegroup and IMI 4756 but kinda was curious about the above ones 1st.
My loading manual lyman and speer has very little on these heavy bullets.
Thanks

I guess you know that both of those powders are the same thing. If you are between ~3grs-~4grs you should be good. As always start on the low side and work your way up. Just don't be afraid to leave it a little long. Those Zero bullets are pretty good. They kinda remind me of the Hornady HAP with the notches.

Yes I knew was just trying to find someone with a hornady reloading manual to see what they said.
Zero told me to use the hornady recipe but I don't have there literature to use.
My speer had nothing, lyman had some so was just trying to get some xtra info.
thanks

I am assuming you are looking for Load Data for 9mm Para.? If so, my Fourth Edition of the Hornady Manual shows NO Data using Win. 231 OR HP38 with 147-gr. projectiles...I'll check my Hodgdon Manual when I have a chance...HTH....mikey357

Just checked my 2009 Hodgdon Manual...They show NO DATA for Win 231 OR HP38 with ANY 147-gr. projo. in 9mm Para...They DO, however, show some Data with those Powders in .38 Super, FWIW...HTH....mikey357

same manual Mikey looked at.'

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah, what little I know about the "Heavyweights" in 9mm, I think I'd use HS-6...It's a nice-behavin' Powder, not too "Temperature Sensitive", unlike Blue Dot--Plus, Blue Dot seems awfully LOUD to me! YMMV, of course... :) ....HTH....mikey357

Back
Top Bottom