lookin for a good load

158 Grain Round Nose Lead Wax Coated and Federal Magnum Primers with:

2.5 titegroup gave 814 FPS in a Lone Wolf G-19 barrel and 903 FPS in a 6 inch 17L barrel by Storm Lake.
3.0 titegroup gave 869 FPS in a Sig P-6 and 935 FPS in a 6 inch 17L barrel by Storm Lake, and 1025 in a Marlin Camp 9 carbine.

I used 3.35 Unique and 5.5 Alliante 2400 with good results in the Camp 9, did not chrono them.

Your results may vary, use caution.

FOR Clarity: No Glock Barrels were used in this testing, all barrels had standard rifling. The original post did not specify lead or jacketed.

Lead, to use or not to use, has been battled out on many threads in many forums. Google it, if you like. I have never been able to find a Glock Manual's statement against the use of lead. I have seen where the manual says not to shoot reloads. I don't like lead in Glock barrels because the Glock barrel's rifling and twist rate combine to tear softer lead bullets apart and give poor accuracy.

I have never heard of a barrel or gun being damaged by lead. However, I have heard of, and actually know people that have had Glocks explode due to poor reload quality - too much powder.

Last edited:
158 Grain Round Nose Lead Wax Coated and Federal Magnum Primers with:

2.5 titegroup gave 814 FPS in a Lone Wolf G-19 barrel and 903 FPS in a 6 inch 17L barrel by Storm Lake.
3.0 titegroup gave 869 FPS in a Sig P-6 and 935 FPS in a 6 inch 17L barrel by Storm Lake, and 1025 in a Marlin Camp 9 carbine.

I used 3.35 Unique and 5.5 Alliante 2400 with good results in the Camp 9, did not chrono them.

Your results may vary, use caution.

do not shot lead rounds in a Glock.

That said some will say with hard enough cast rounds and good lube you can. But Glock and persons much more learned than I say do not shoot lead rounds.

Back
Top Bottom