• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Long flight items

Wanted to get some opinions on preparing for an 18 hour flight, 31 hours total with layovers. What are some things that you make sure you have with you or in your carry on?

Some things I already am planning to have is:
solid metal pen
metal body flashlight
ferro rod key chain
cordage bracelet, in my bag, not my wrist
analog watch

Anything else you guys might suggest?

I always had am the following on my monthly trips to Korea and Singapore when in the military.
1-A good book.
2-Tooth brush and paste
3-Deodorant
4-'re-chargeable Battery for my DVD or Laptop.
5- Light Sandles
6-Cough Drops people are always coughing
7- Small Spray bottle of Cologe, many people on these flights smell, like hell.
8- hand-sanitizer
9- tissue' s
10- Small pill case for any medication you may be taking, a 3day supply should be good if your main luggage gets lost

Gum and mints for yourself, and more importantly for sharing.
Compression socks (DVT) -- you'll appreciate those when you finally get off the plane
Aleve for that inevitable sore butt
The largest bottle of water (or 2) you can find in the terminal. It's a pain to have to keep running to the head, but the hydration and short walks will benefit you in the end.
Ear plugs and sleeping mask
Slip on/off shoes
Book or 2
Travel/neck pillow

This list has served me well traveling to Siberia from ATL when adopting my daughter

I really like the golf balls in the sock idea!

Clean underwear , in case you need it

Toothbrush and paste

Noise cancelling headset

Pepto, aspirin, decongestant , baggy pants and long sleeve shirt gets cold in the air

Yeah, your average TSA mouthbreather isn't going to know what a ferro rod is unless it has a tag on it that says "FIRE STARTER!!!!1!"

10- Small pill case for any medication you may be taking, a 3day supply should be good if your main luggage gets lost

Always keep ALL your medications in your carry on, never your checked bags. Checked bags get busted/stolen/lost. All. The. Time.

Same goes with anything you need right away or can't live without. Like your phone charging cable.

As for what to take that hasn't been mentioned?

A bunch of these guys (unless you are going 1st class).

www.askipedia.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_05_alcohol_mini_bottles_e1336270705717_450x335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom