• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lone Wolf Barrels

The barrel of handgun is a loose part. Even if there isn't a 12oz suppressor hanging off of it, it will still have wear and tear over time. Everything that moves will show signs of wear. I don't really care, you now why? Because these top gun mfg will take care of you. Glock, SW, HK, COLT, RUGER, ect.... You don't have to worry about no excessive wear, I'd just worry about finding good subsonic ammo!

Good points. Thanks

Excuse my ignorance, but I heard from someone that putting a suppressor on a glock may cause excessive wear. They were saying that the suppressor needs what is essentially a sprung drive coupling to minimize the strain from the moment arm caused by a glocks inherent barrel angle.

That being said, I am getting a gemtech for my 9mm uzi, and recently picked up a gen2 glock 19. So I would be interested in buying a threaded barrel for it if it would not damage the pistol.

Shooting any sort of "browning" type moving barrel pistol requires the use of a spring loaded "booster" or "Nielsen device". These adapters allow the momentum of the barrel and can to cycle the action.

What type of gemtech are you getting for the Uzi? IF it is the multimount, then you can get a pistol mount for it. If it is the Viper, MK9K, or Mossad, you wont be able to get a booster for it to use with your glock. I'm gonna assume you are getting a bigger can like the MK9K for the Uzi. You could still get a thread adapter to take it down to 1/2-28 for the glock, but it won't cycle. It wont damage the gun, but it will turn it into a single shot.

Back
Top Bottom